Question about Washing Machines
If you are referring to a Kenmore TOP LOADER and you are trying to reinsert the brass-colored j-hooks that hold the washer case to the back panel, follow these steps:
1. With the lid of the washer casing open, grasp the case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame base in the front.
2. Lower the washer casing back onto the side frames. Make sure the small cleats on the side frames fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
3. Make sure the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side by leaning over the front of the washer and grasping the back panel and pull towards you to seat it.
4. Reinsert the brass clips. Place the 90 degree bend of the clip into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push the J-hook end of the clip down into the opening on top of the washer. NOTE: Once the clips are snapped back into place, the washer case should fit tight and not move on the frame.
5. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
6. Reinstall console.
If you are not referring to a Kenmore top loader, configured in this manner, please post back with your MODEL NUMBER so I can determine how your washer is configured. These instructions apply to the majority of all Kenmore top loaders. I hope this helps you.
Posted on May 12, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Dec 03, 2011 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Aug 24, 2011 | Kenmore 80754 Top Load Stacked Washer /...
May 18, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Mar 31, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
May 05, 2010 | Kenmore 98702 Stacked Washer/Dryer
Feb 18, 2010 | Kenmore 4.5 cu. ft. Oasis Canyon Top Load...
Dec 08, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 18, 2009 | Washing Machines
Aug 06, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
May 22, 2018 | Simpson Washing Machines
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!