- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most GE over the range microwave ovens have a cavity heat thermostat. if the exhaust fan cut on due to external heat generated to oven, the fan will run until unit totally cools down. in this case unplug unit. Also fan can run if you have a broken door paw or if one of the door secondary switches is bad.
Many microwaves have similar issues. Usually, (not always) only the light is on and the fan is running, not the section that produces the microwaves. This problem can be caused by the door switches that are out of alignment or a defective control board.
The high pitch sound to me may be coming from the speaker on the main circuit board. Try to unplug for a few minutes, reset clock time and then try again. If same issue, may need new PC board. When you say Microwave continues to run are you meaning the Turntable is turning and the fan running?? Or is it just timing down. Almost never does it actually keep heating. On GE units I mostly find bad door switches will cause a back feed and make the tray turn and the cooling fan for the mag to run. To see if that is the problem You have to look at the door switches behind the front panel on the left side and see if any of them have any browned connections on the terminals where they push ontl the back of the switch. That will cause the fan and turntable toi run, but wouldnt cause a high pitch squeal. These companies use switches wtih small 3/16 terminals that dont give a good enough grab on the switch, they get loose and hot and make the switch go bad. I replace that switch with a switch with 1/4 inch terminals and runa short section of Hi temp wite to it and it wont go bad again. Just cheaply made!! Also I guess the squeal could come from the turntable motor area. So By fixing the switch problem it could fix your squeal. With nothing else running you may be able to hear motor and coupling noise you couldnt hear before.
ok really if someone dareing enough to open the panel for microwave the shell i mean take to the porch let sun heat it for at least 2 days then go threw lightly wipe down insides of micro with water clothe to get water residue out of micro then place shell back on and screw down
once water gets into micro. its hard to tell how there performance will be after wards and putting a fan directly on a fan to airout wont help this will create other little problems like mold build up
the best thing is what i suggested at top you need a heat source to cook and evaporate the water inside which is the sun
Sounds like you have a shorted triac device inside the microwave. Very common problem. This is not a replaceable item for the user to replace.Looking at the age and the make of this microwave,it way be time to purchace a new oven ? Good Luck