Question about Nintendo DS Lite Console
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Nintendo Dsi connects to the internet using wireless connection. You need to know the settings of your router. I've listed below the steps on how you will access the router and to obtain the information needed for you to be connected.
How to access the Router:
1. You need to know the ipaddress of your router. You can refer to the manual or check the Default Gateway of your computer (Make sure that you connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable for you to get the Default Gateway). Click on START then RUN. Type CMD on the small box on the lower left of the screen. Type IPCONFIG on the black window and get the value of your DEFAULT GATEWAY (it starts with 192.168.x.x)
2. Open a Browser, Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY on the address bar of your Browser. It will ask you for a username and password. (Refer to the manual of your router or post a reply so that i can provide you the username and password of your router)
3. Go to the Wireless Settings Page of your router. Look for the SSID or the Network Name and theNetwork Key or Passphrase. You can personalize it so that you can easily remeber the details.
4. Make sure you connect to your SSID and enter the Network Key to make it secure.
Now that we already know the setting of the router then its now time to connect the Dsi to the network.
1. Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings of the Game
2. Search for an Access Point (SSID)
3. Select your Network (SSID), If you have an open network, just click "OK" and it should work just fine! If it's a Red Padlock, it'll prompt you for a Password or Network Key. This is the reson why we access the router.
4. Test the Connection.Rate me if this helps so that i can help others.
Thanks for using Fixya.
Posted on Jan 29, 2011
SOURCE: how do i connect the
that error code indicates that the settings that have been entered are incorrect for your wi-fi or their is a compatibility issue with the security settings. Please read this official Nintendo guide.
Posted on Jan 31, 2011
SOURCE: internet access on the nintendo
The nintendo dsi needs a wireless router transmitting in MIXED mode, meaning that it transmits using B mode as well as G or for newer routers N mode. If it is setup to transmit in G or N only, then the DSI will not detect it.
Also, the DSI is not compatible with WPA security. You need to set up a weaker WEP security code or turn off wifi security altogether.
Also, make sure the router is broadcasting the SSID name which is the name of the wireless router.
for more information: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=051099&system=DS&locale=en_US
Posted on Mar 05, 2011
The Following website lists your Error Code. Per Nintendo:
"Likely cause: It appears that the settings entered into the Nintendo DS are not compatible, or the router's broadcast settings should be changed.
How to fix: Try creating a new connection with your system. Nintendo DSi owners trying to play multiplayer games will want to be sure to read the "Trying to play online multiplayer with Nintendo DSi."
Posted on Mar 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2012 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jun 29, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Jan 30, 2011 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Oct 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 26, 2010 | Nintendo DSi White Console
Jun 20, 2010 | Nintendo DS Console
Jun 05, 2010 | Nintendo DS Lite
Apr 20, 2010 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Mar 28, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Blue Console
Jan 14, 2010 | Nintendo DS Console
Jan 06, 2015 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Oct 14, 2017 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: