The procedure to transfer pictures to a Computer depends on whether or not the Camera has
the capability of using Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP). If the Camera
is capable of PTP (in this case; DSC-S730 - YES), set the USB mode in the Camera menu to PTP
and then use the PTP procedure to copy the pictures to the computer.
Otherwise, use one of the standard USB transfer procedures.
This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights:
- Turn on the Computer.
- Turn on the Camera.
- Insert the recording media containing the pictures into the Camera.
- Set the USB connection or Transfer mode setting in the Camera menu to PTP .
- Use the USB cable supplied with the Camera to connect the Camera to the Computer. NOTE: Connection
through a USB hub or other USB device --such as a printer or keyboard--
is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. The Camera should be
connected directly to a USB port on the Computer.
NOTE: The Scanner and Camera Wizard should automatically start.
- In the Scanner and Camera Wizard window, click the Next button.
- Under Choose Pictures to Copy , do one of the following:
NOTE: Selected images will be marked with a green check mark.
- Click to select each picture you want to copy.
- Click Select All to select all the pictures for copying.
- Click the Next button.
- Under Picture Name and Destination , in the Type a name for this group of pictures field, enter a name for the folder where the pictures will be saved.
- Next to the Choose a place to save this group of pictures field, click the Browse button.
- In the Browse for Folder window, click to select the location on the computer where you want to save the pictures.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Scanner and Camera Wizard window, click the Next button. NOTE: The pictures are copied to the Computer.
- After the transfer process it finished, under Other Options , click to select Nothing, I'm finished working with these pictures .
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.
If you are still unable to transfer pictures, please switch the USB mode of the Camera to Normal or Mass Storage and try again.
following the steps above, the pictures from the camera should
successfully be copied to the computer. If for some reason the pictures
did not copy, try using the method for standard USB picture transfer.
I'm assuming you are using the Windows XP Operating System in the Computer. If not then follow this link: