The remote will not power on the tv or make any of the menus appear. it will however operate all the devices connected to the tv. Also after about 1 minute the tv enters a system reset and shuts itself off. Also regardless of batteries in the remote or whether the audio system is on or off the tv is stuck in volume down. Its really messed up.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: remote won't work tv, and stuck in volume down
You sound like you might be having front button problems. if you take the front speaker grill off then unplug connector ZF and it restores normal operation than the front panel buttons are bad. basically the tv will respond first to the buttons and nothing else until the button is depressed.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) on the side of the TV there should be buttons to operate functions such as volume or channel.
2) purchase a replacement remote
3) purchase an all in one / multi function remote, and program it using the codes provided in the manual
1. MAKE SURE POWER CORD IS PLUGGED IN.
2. WHILE PRESSING THE VOLUME BUTTON ON THE PROJECTION DISPLAY,HOLD DOWN PIP0R SPLIT BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL AT THE SAME TIME FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS.
3. WHEN THE RESET IS COMPLETE, THE SCREEN ON THE RIGHT WILL APPEAR AND IT SHOULD SAY "LAMP TIME RESET TO "0"
1) Press the POWER button to turn your TV on. Make sure you are set to Cable/TV reception. If the "replace lamp. Reset Lamp timer" notice appears, press "EXIT" on your remote. 2) Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN BUTTON on the TV set (not the remote, the actual TV set) 3) Continue to press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and press and hold the PIP (Picture in Picture) or SPLIT/PLAY button on your REMOTE control (your are pressing and holding BOTH of these buttons at the same time now). 4) After 5 or 10 seconds (be patient), the lamp serice menu will appear and say your lamp counter has been rest to '0' (zero). That's it, you are all done.
Now, I continue to have the power shut off after a few minutes of play. I think it is a problem with the cooling fan. Damn it all anyway.
Did you ever get this problem fixed? Ours just started doing the same thing. It worked fine the night before, but today it's doing what yours is doing. The remote stopped working for the TV. The remote still works for the cable box, but volume and anything related to TV function not. The screen flashes when we try to adjust volume or anything else, but resets to previous volume. TV not responding to any commands either on the front panel or remote.
Any ideas? Thanks, Patti
With the TV powered off, hold the volume down button on the front of the TV while holding down the TV/VIDEO button on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
The TV will power on and you will be in the service mode - use the channel down and channel up keys to cycle thru the menus.