Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
I can remember my password to get my security key
You will need to reset to factory default.
1.Locate the reset hole on the router. Usually on the back or on the side.
2. Make sure that the router is on./
3. Use a ball pen or paper clip or something pointed to press and hold it down for 10 secs.
4. Release after 10 secs
5. Wait for about a minute to restart.
You should be able to get in and you can set it up again.
Posted on May 12, 2010
Testimonial: "thank you so very much Thanks I was just going to buy another one thank you again "
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is not a difficult task, but if it is done incorrectly, your router will need to be reset. So, let's go ahead and get a long, thin pin, or sewing needle,or something that will reach into the recessed reset button hole, because we may need it a few times.
I too have a belkin wireless router, so I know a little about them. However, I dont know your exact model or firmware/software programming, so a true "step by step" is not possible from me. Contact Belkin for operator assistance. Here are some General things you will need to do.
1. Reset the router. Go ahead and do that now. that way, we have a clean slate. Press the reset button and allow the router to restart.
2. Make sure the Modem is connected to the INTERNET port on the router. You should see 5 ports on the router, 1 2 3 4 are ONLY FOR COMPUTERS. if it has a number do not put anything on it unless its a computer, or xbox or playstation game console. The MODEM, the DSL, or w/e will NEVER go to ports 1 2 3 or 4. Now, make sure that your MAIN computer is HARD WIRED to PORT 1 on the router. You DO NOT EVER make wireless router adjustments over a wireless connection. You must hard wire to the router.
3. LOG IN to the router. The router has a built in website that allows you to operate it. on a belkin router, that website is located at the Default Gateway address. (ok, you probably dont know what that means, but thats ok, we can still do this). MOST belkins have a default gateway address of 192.168.2.1. So, you will open your internet explorer and go to the ADDRESS BAR. There, you will type http://192.168.2.1 and press GO. You SHOULD see a page that says Belkin.
4. BY DEFAULT there is no username or password. so if you are asked to login, leave them blank and hit submit.
5. this is where it can get hairy, but, its nothing the reset button cannot fix. You will be looking for a few things First thing to do is click login, of course, so you can log in. remember, its default, so its blank.
6. Now that youre logged in, look for WIRELESS and click there. If you are using wireless machines, make sure wireless is ENABLED. It should be, by default, but, lets take a look and make sure, just to be safe.
7. Next, were gonna set the SSID to your last name, (or your dogs name or your nickname or favorite place). The SSID is default to Belkin, but if 10 ppl around you ALL have belkin routers, you'd have no way of knowing which one is yours, So, the SSID boradcasts a unique name to identify YOUR network. Changing the word Belkin to "Scoobydoo" would mean that you would be the Scoobydoo network, and anytime anyone is in range of your router, they would see "scoobydoo" as a site. You also want to ENABLE Essid broadcast, and unless you have an older wireless B card, set to Wireless G only. (g is more secure). Everything else, leave at the current setting.
8. Now we are going to SECURE your wireless so that when people see "scoobydoo" they wont be able to JOIN it, unless they have your KEY. Click Security. We are going to create a key. With Wireless G you can use a 26 character key, which is a set of HEXIDECIMAL characters. HEX is 0-9 and A-F. No letter higher than F will occur in Hex. So, click WEP (wpa is usually more secure, but I prefer WEP). Choose WEP and Choose 128 bit encryption. Next, use a passphrase, (this will generate a key for you). Say you put "shaggy" as the passphrase. Based on that word, a 26 character key would be generated. Now, This is important, WRITE THAT KEY DOWN EXACTLY AS ITS SHOWN. Without that key, no one can access your router on wireless. Also, dont forget to press "Apply Changes". Once you apply those changes, all your wireless connections will be lost. You will now have to go to each wireless computer, and apply the key to each one so they can access the router.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
You have to go into the setup for the router. Most default to the 192.168.1.1 IP address. You would type that address into your internet browser and hit enter. Then you will be asked for a name and password. If you have your belkin manual it will tell you the default name and password. Once in the settings you can change the password. You can also turn off SSID broadcasting, enable the highest level of security that your particular router supports in conjunction with your computer and enable MAC authentication. If you enable MAC authentication you have to type in the MAC address for each device you wish to have access to the router.
Posted on Nov 07, 2009
Logon to your router from your computer using your browser and going to http://192.168.1.2/. If it wants a username, the default username is blank and the default password is either blank or "password".
The Belkin management tool will come up. From there, go into your security and look to see if your passphrase is visible. If it is, you're good to go. If not, you can change it on that page save it and close out.
Don't forget to change the passphrase on any wireless devices you are using connected to the Belkin wireless router.
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
SOURCE: my son is visiting and
Sir I'm Waqar, our Chat was disconnected, As we were resetting the router and I hope that you Problem was resolved, the WEP key will now be removed, and all the settings will now be at the default one.
IF YOUR ISSUE WAS RESOLVED, kindly login to your FixYa account, and Under your Profile out chat will be displayed, Kindly Rate me IF your problem was resolved, and IF you are still having trouble, Click Chat with another expert, when prompted. (You will not be charged any more)
Posted on Nov 29, 2009
Is there any computer online using the router.
If yes then you can open the router set up page on that computer.
router set up page is the page where you can check all the router settings.
Click Here for more information about the routers and network
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
All Belkin Router's ship without an admin password. If you require an admin password then follow the below instructions.
Click "Apply Changes". Your new password is now active.
Note: Do not forget the new password and keep it somewhere safe. If you forget your password, you'll be unable to access your router's settings. If you forget or lose your password, you'll need to "Perform a hardware reset on the router". This will reset the password to its default, as well as erase any and all other settings you may have changed
Configure Wireless Security on Belkin Router - Enable WPA and WEP Why should we setup wireless Security on Belkin Wireless Router ?
After configuring your Belkin router you should secure your wireless network using proper wireless encryption. It can keep wireless hackers away from your wireless network and the unwanted sharing of your Internet connection. In order to know how to login and configure your Belkin wireless router click on the link below.
How to Setup Belkin Wireless Router
Setup Wireless Security in Belkin Wireless Router
Now I hope you just followed the steps mentioned in the above link and log in to your Belkin Wireless Router. In order to enable wireless security on your Belkin router click on Security Under wireless. ( Security tab present on the left side of Belkin configuration page).
You can select either WEP or WPA to secure your Belkin Wireless network. To know more about WPA and WEP click on the link below.
Which is better WEP or WPA on your Wireless network
Enable WEP in Belkin Wireless Router
To select WEP for your Belkin wireless network ,click on security mode drop menu and select WEP. WEP is of two kinds WEP 64 bit encryption and WEP 128 bit wireless encryption. You can type your PassPhrase and generate instant wireless key for your Belkin wireless network.
After generating the wireless key, you should save settings by click on Apply changes. Now onwards to login to your Belkin wireless network, you need this wireless key.
Enable WPA in Belkin Wireless Router
WPA is more secure than WEP. To enable WPA on your Belkin router, select WPA from security mode drop down menu.
You should enter a pre-shared key to enable WPA security on your Router. Don't forget to save this WPA settings.
Aug 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 07, 2011 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Oct 07, 2010 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Oct 03, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Feb 03, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jan 01, 2009 | Belkin (F5D6230-3) Wireless Router
Dec 09, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Nov 30, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jun 26, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7050) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
Feb 22, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Dec 16, 2013 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: