Question about WYSE Winterm 3150SE Network Terminal
If you are using an HP T5700, check these instructions, found online but if not, please provide the model and what operating system you are using:
1. Purchase HP T5700 192/256 or better. $65 with shipping
2. If <512M flash, order TS1GDOM44H-S from Transcend $20 + $4 shipping
3. Optional, order larger RAM, 512M
4. Go to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=379363&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=339208&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1058 and download latest XP Embedded operating system.
5. Install above on USB stick, format drive first
6. Install new memory in T5700.
7. Setup T5700, plug in USB mouse, USB keyboard and NIC cable.
8. Reflash T5700 flash with by turning on with above USB stick plugged in T5700
9. After OS completely installs, (this will take some time and several reboots), log in as Administrator by going to START, logoff. After logoff screen disappears, hold down shift key. Log in as Administrator, and the password is the same, Administrator.
10. Go to the control panel from START. Under Performance and Maintenance, select Administrative Tools, and the EWF Manager. Disable EWF. The lock on the tool will change from green to red.
11. Also, under Administrative Tools, go to the User Manager. Disable the Guest and User accounts.
12. Click CTR-ALT-Del to Change Password, and change the password from Administrator, to whatever, (I did not use a password), or keep Administrator. (skip this step.)
13. Got to http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml download to your PC the full control panel. Unzip, and move installation file to your USB key to shift it to the T5700. (You may want to use this on your PC, it is useful to boot quicker and save memory)
14. After installing on the T5700, open it up, and uncheck all applications except cdloader, which loads MagicJack. (check all the tabs)
15. Open HP Sygate Security Agent. On the Security tab, uncheck everything except Enable DoS selection, Allow Token Ring Traffic, Enable anti-Mac spoofing. On network neighborhood, I checked both settings boxes (optional) Uncheck everything on the general tab.
16. Open Internet Explorer and go to http://www.download.com/Glary-Utilities/3000-2094_4-10508531.html and install the utilities on your T5700. This will give you a tool to remove programs, which is disabled in XPe.
17. Plug in your MagicJack. It should install completely. It will run, however it will not use the phone, but will have audio through the T5700. If you want to use the speaker, and headphones with a mic you are done. Otherwise:
18. Go to http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=926455 select the free download option, and reject all the advertisements, then download the driver to your PC. Unzip it, and install on a flash drive and move it to your T5700.
19. Install the driver on the T5700. This will fix the driver issue, and the TigerJet audio device can be selected for the MagicJack. (It should do that automatically on reboot.)
20. Using Glary Utilities, unistall the TigerJet software. Do not uninstall shared files, and the drivers for MagicJack will not be deleted.
21. After all is working properly, enable the EWF by right clicking on the red lock icon, and selecting enable. Reboot to complete task.
Hope this helps.
Posted on May 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2014 | magicJack PLUS VOIP Phone Adapter
Sep 28, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 13, 2014 | HP T5740 Thin Client Desktop PC
Feb 18, 2010 | Lands Phones
Aug 21, 2009 | Olympus VN-3100PC Digital Voice Recorder
Jul 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2009 | Dell SK-8125 Keyboard
Jan 23, 2009 | Paradyne (6218-A1-200) Wireless Router...
542 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!