Question about Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain Saw
I have Craftsman 36cc 16in Model-358-350461 chainsaw. Cannot get oil to the bar....I have cleaned the channels from the bar side but still no oil...how do I get into the oil tank to check filter and lines.....?? If you have a brakdown please send it. Thanks for your time.... Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are prohibited from contacting you directly.
Oil System Plugged:
1. Remove the clutch cover, bar, and chain, clean the bar groove, any holes and passages on the rear of the bar (both sides, consider rotating the bar), if equipped with a sprocket nose ensure it rotates easily at least one complete revolution.
• Clean the saw oiler hole and channel. Insert a blunted, hooked piece of wire through the oil filler hole and pull the hose in the oil tank out.
• Pay attention to the screen or filter on the free end (clean or replace, difficult to determine serviceability).
• Start the saw and see if it oils when revved up (oozes down side of saw).
• If yes reassemble your saw. If no, continue with 2.
2. Work your way through the linkage (use IPL to identify components and locations) cleaning and replacing any defective parts as you go.
• Carefully check the hoses for cracks especially at bends and connections.
• If equipped with an oil pump it is usually behind the clutch (clutch is a left handed thread).
• Please make extensive notes & some digital pictures will help during reassembly.
3. If it does not oil on completion of 1 it is most likely a bad oiler or worm gear (see IPL for the location).
The IPL (exploded parts list) for your saw is the only detail for the oil system, it is sketchy at best. Oiler components and part numbers are listed but may be on different illustrations. They are also beneficial with disassembly/reassembly:
It appears to have an outboard clutch, this will be helpful;
R² Drive Link Outboard Clutch by Drivelink.blogspot.com
If you have more questions or need additional help please reply below and I will get back to you. HTH & Good Luck.
Thank You for using FixYa.
Posted on May 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2012 | Poulan Pro 42CC 2 Cycle Chainsaw, 18"
May 19, 2010 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Apr 04, 2010 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Jan 02, 2010 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Nov 04, 2009 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Sep 18, 2009 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Jul 11, 2009 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Jul 04, 2009 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Jun 18, 2009 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
359 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: