Question about Computers & Internet
This is not very fun..
Goto this site and search service tool
when the search completes, you have to download parts 1-7 (scroll down the page to see the file links) (i haven't downloaded myself, so make sure you scan files for virus before opening)
This will give you the canon service tool you need to reset the printer. After download, follow these instructions:
1. Unzip the “i320-i255.rar/i320-i255.EXE” file.
(Automatically unzipped by double-click)
2. Open the “i320-i255.rar/i320-i255.EXE” folder created after unzipping.
3. Open the “GeneralTool.exe” file.
4. Select the connected USB PORT No. from “USB PORT” (A).
< How to print the shipment inspection pattern >
Select “TEST PATTERN 1” (B), and the shipment inspection pattern 1 will be printed.
< How to set the destination >
1. Select either of “1” or “2” from “SET DESTINATION” (C), and the destination will be set.
“PIXUS 350i”: Japan
“i350/i250”: Other than the above area
2. Confirm that the model name is indicated in the (E) area when clicking “DEVICE ID” (D).
Or, confirm the model name by performing the shipment pattern printing.
< EEPROM reset >
When printing the shipment pattern after the “EEPROM CLEAR” (F) check box is marked, the EEPROM
will be reset.
a little confusing, but it should work
Posted on Mar 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Canon i250 & i250 waste ink tank counter reset. by BSF (12/10/04 10:13 PM)
+1 + / -
1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable from printer.
2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7).
3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer.
4. The indicator should be green.
5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange.
6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green.
7. NOW Release POWER buttons.
8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable).
9. NOW...I opened "Printers" and saw that a "copy" of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that COPY your default printer and all should work...It did for me.
I must say...I went into the "GUTS" of the beast and cleaned out the PADS (they are actually vacuum pads that the INK is sucked through during a HEAD cleaning) a very messy undertaking.
Sep 15, 2012 | Canon i250
Nov 20, 2007 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Mar 21, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 16, 2011 | Canon i250
Jan 24, 2011 | Canon i455 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 08, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jun 28, 2009 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
May 17, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 23, 2007 | Canon i350 InkJet Printer
223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!