Question about Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer

1 Answer

I have a hole in my mackie sub How can I get a

I have a hole in my mackie sub How can I get a replacement speaker cone our speaker to replace the old damaged one

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 4,234 Answers

See the link below to either locate a dealer close by or to contact Mackie directly for the parts.



Posted on Jan 12, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Mackie 15 inch replacement speaker

To determine polarity of a sub, take a 9 volt battery and two one foot pieces of wire. Connect each wire to each terminal on the sub. Then touch one wire to one side of the 9 volt battery terminal and the other wire to the other side terminal. If the subs cone pushes upwards that is the correct way to hook it up(in phase which is normal). If the subs cone pulls down, is is 180 degrees out of phase. I hope that this answers your question.

Jan 14, 2014 | Insignia Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

How do I hook up passive subs to my board

Sub outs needs an active speaker.

An active speaker have a built in amplifier and preamplifier.

For a passive speaker it needs an amplifier.

Oct 01, 2012 | Mackie 2404-VLZ3 Mixer

1 Answer


you should just buy a replacement speaker and install it, replaceing the cone would not be cost effective, in fact you could buy a better speaker and get better bass out of the sytem, try they are in Cleveland and sell many great speakers in all sizes.

Mar 19, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I have a set of technics SB-5000a speakers. one of them the 10" sub is blown. there is no resistance accross it. the cone is in good shape so i think it is the driver. normally you can unscrew the...

if there's NO resistance, see if the lead running to the cone (coil) has broken.
If so, you might be able to solder it back on and save the speaker.
Sometimes they separate at the terminals, sometimes at the cone.
If it separated at the cone, you may need to peel back a bit of paper to get to the wire underneath, and scrape the enamel coating off the wire so you can solder to it.

Otherwise, it's off to your local audio mart to buy a 10" whoofer at the same or higher wattage and same impedance. Take the old one with you to make sure the screw holes align too! (although that's not 100% essential as you can always drill new pilot holes wherever the screw holes aare....unless the screw holes have a metal insert)

If you did have to peel back some paper to do the repair, reinforce the torn area with toilet paper and fingernail polish. Use several layers as you don't want the movement of the whoofer to rip apart your solder joint or any more of the cone.

Mar 15, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Hercules XPS 210 sub problem. distorted sound

I think you've just answered your own question. It sounds as if you've coned the sub woofer. Meaning you've fractured the bond between the edge of the speaker body with the speaker cone. Or overheated the voice coil and it's distorted and not getting free movement. Excuse the Pun but it "sounds" like you need a new speaker as a replacement. If it's a particularly expensive speaker it can be reconed. A check of the Net for someone close to you will find a company who recones them. If it's a cheaper one then a replacement would be in order.

Apr 21, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have dropped one of my mackie srm450 speakers and i need a replacement woofer.. where can i get one?

If the cone is damaged, it is possible to get it 're-coned'. If you can find a shop that does this type of speaker repair.

Otherwise, call around music stores (by that I mean places that sell musical instruments and PA gear) and see if they sell/sevice Mackie. If you are comfortable taking the old woofer out, just order the part and DIY.

It is not critical that the woofer is an exact replacement (doesn't have to be a Mackie speaker), the important things are:

1) it fits and screws back into the speaker cabinet
2) it is electrically similar to the original (same impedance 4 ohm or 8 ohm) and wattage rating

Feb 06, 2010 | Mackie SRM-450 System

1 Answer

I have a set of mackie sr1530 what can i replace the midrange driver with

My background is live audio and was a tour manger and sound engineer for over 22 years
A couple of months ago I bought a pair of 1530's for $450. They were a bit dirty and had spider webs all over.
I cleaned them all up but was not happy with Mackie's open dust cover design on the mid. When I would slightly depress on the cone one could hear scratching. (it would later turn out to be debris, the coils were in good shape)
The mid speaker in part of the horn-mid flare and can not be reconed.
I my hunt to find a replacement I went as far as ordering a RCF recone kit from Legacy Sound Services but they went bankrupt before they could deliver my kit.
After another search I ended up buying two Eminence LA6-CBMR 6.5" speakers as their there specs and outside diameter of the frame seemed to be a good fit. (this was after I had removed one of the cones from it's hi-mid flare and measured the opening)
When the arrived they slide in perfectly leaving about a 1 mm gap. After removing the magnet from my old rear cover I purchased eight #8 x 3" screws.
I gently tightened down the screws and was ready for my test.
I was amazed side by side the eminence was much smoother around 1.5 khz
Note: the Mackie mid is 5.9 ohms and the eminence is 6.9 ohms and is 150w
One issue is that the new speaker sits about a 1/4" farther back than the original.
I don't have a realtime analyzer but over all the Eminence seems to be a great fit.
I did replace the rubber gasket at the base of the mid flare opening, there did not seem to be a noticeable change.
If you like you can contact me at and I will send you pictures

Oct 26, 2009 | Bob Mackie SR1530 System

1 Answer

Where to purchase a bracket

Unfortunately there are two standards for the pole diameters. Some of the smaller poles have caps to accomodate the larger brackets. First thing is to measure what you have for poles and the two sizes of mounting holes. Many of the mounting bosses are standard and available online here is an example:

Sep 19, 2009 | Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer

1 Answer

My fuse appears to have blown and i havent taking the speacker apart before. the speacker seems to get no power. what should i check for? if it is a fuse, what fuse should i order for it? MACKIE SWA 1501

Hi There, before you go out and buy any cones etc you need to check the 3 fuses that clip onto the main amp board. You can access them by undoing the two screws that are on the top and the bottom of the sub. They have flat large heads and you will need a hex key to unscrew them. If it is one of the fuses that has gone it will either be discoloured as in burnt or you will see the metal inside has split. Simply replace these with a new fuse and hey presto you should be back up and running. If you need any parts for the sub or fuses then will be able to supply them (that is if you're in the UK). Hope this helps. Grant (from

Mar 20, 2009 | Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer

1 Answer

Replacement subwoofer

1st, if you want a new speaker(just the sub, not the cabinet), ask Mackie for the nearest dealer.
2nd, If you want to have the speaker reconed, I can recommend :

Central Florida Speaker
714 W. Smith
Orlando,FL 32804

They do good work.

Nov 14, 2008 | Mackie HR824-MK2 System

Not finding what you are looking for?
Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer Logo

Related Topics:

185 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mackie Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5056 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15557 Answers

Are you a Mackie Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides