Question about Vacuums
I have a Panasonic MC-V5746 upright vacuum. According to the booklet,
MAKE SURE UNIT IS UNPLUGGED.
1. Place carpet-bare floor selector in "carpet" position.
2. Remove lower plate (there are two screws in the middle of the lower plate), and a pair of locking tabs located near the wheels that you push toward the wheels.
3. Carefully pull agitator brush up and out and clean it.
4. Look new belt around the motor shaft (I had to turn the belt edgewise to get it back in there). On my unit, there are two shafts. Put it around the one furthest back and don't worry if it doesn't touch the other one.
5. Pull the other end of the belt and loop it around the "brush pulley" which is the narrow track on one end of the brush.
6. reinstall agitator back into nozzle housing grooves.
7. Turn the brush by hand to make sure it moves smoothly and isn't pinched or twisted.
8. Reinstall lower plate.
Posted on Mar 28, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2012 | Sebo Felix Ice Blue Bagged Upright Vacuum
Feb 03, 2011 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Aug 25, 2010 | Dyson DC07 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Jan 23, 2010 | Hoover Vacuums
Sep 29, 2009 | Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
Mar 22, 2009 | Hoover U6434-900 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Mar 08, 2009 | Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Oct 11, 2008 | Vacuums
Sep 18, 2008 | Hoover U6311-930 Power Drive Bagged...
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!