Question about D-Link Wireless
have a router D-link WIRELESS DIR-655 and a COMCAST MOTOROLA S85101 Surfboard cable Modem hooked up to my computer I need your help desperatley I have tried everything.. HERE IS WHAT I NEED----------- I need to be able to connect to the following Server "OUKA CHAT SERVER --------http://www.webfrik.com/Oukahelp/ I have tried everything but cannot get the portas to open up..something is blocking them...and it is not the firewall cause I turned that off to find out...and ppl still cannot enter the Chat Room. please help I have tried it all and cannot find a solution..I must tell you that I do not know awhole lot about computers and configurations and that sort of thing. So tell me is there a service that you provide where you can set me up so this will work? Can you access contrtol of my computer perhaps? Thank you in advance for your help.. Martha
Hey Martha, I believe your problem is with your windows firewall, I just recently had a similar problem, I install Ouka on my pc, which i just re installed windows on, anyway, it worked great when i first started it to test it, then when i restarted pc it would not connect. The problem was my windows firewall(btw I run mcafee as my primary firewall), even though the ports were set and Ouka was allowed.. To correct the problem, first i deleted Ouka from my windows firewall, then i deleted the ouka program from my pc, turned off mcafee firewall, turned on windows firewall, re downloaded the ouka file and when i started the program again, windows firewall asked if i should block or unblock ouka, I unblocked it, set up the port. then i turned off my windows firewall, turned on my mcafee firewall and Ouka is working great ever since, even after restarts. Hope this helps, if not check out winmxworld.com forum I have posted there my problems/solutions for Ouka. Good Luck, Lisadee
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
Sorry that isnt my area of expertise. I am mainly Television and appliances. I would try one of the other experts that specialize in computers. they will be able to help you out.
Posted on Mar 28, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Jul 20, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Jul 18, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
May 06, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
Mar 30, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Feb 08, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
Jul 27, 2008 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Oct 16, 2019 | Best Computers & Internet
Oct 16, 2019 | Quantum Computers & Internet
Oct 16, 2019 | Amazon Computers & Internet
Oct 16, 2019 | Best Computers & Internet
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!