Question about D-Link Wireless
I have a router D-link WIRELESS DIR-655 and a COMCAST MOTOROLA S85101 Surfboard cable Modem hooked up to my computer I need your help desperatley I have tried everything.. HERE IS WHAT I NEED----------- I need to be able to connect to the following Server "OUKA CHAT SERVER --------http://www.webfrik.com/Oukahelp/ I have tried everything but cannot get the portas to open up..something is blocking them...and it is not the firewall cause I turned that off to find out...and ppl still cannot enter the Chat Room. please help I have tried it all and cannot find a solution..I must tell you that I do not know awhole lot about computers and configurations and that sort of thing. So tell me is there a service that you provide where you can set me up so this will work? Can you access contrtol of my computer perhaps? Thank you in advance for your help.. Martha
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Apr 05, 2010 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Jul 20, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Jul 18, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
May 06, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
Mar 30, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Feb 08, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
May 29, 2011 | D-Link Wireless
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!