Question about Eljer Toilet Onepiece Canterbury 081162047

1 Answer

I would like to replace the complete ballcock..or the total insides. to replace the total parts maybe be easier than try to trouble shot my problem of flashing and having the water allways toilet is about 20 yrs old.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 355 Answers

You can go to wal-mart and pick up a complete replacement kit with all the parts inside for about 10 bucks and it only took me about 20 minutes to change out. Just make sure to have some towels handy as when you take out the tube that connects to the water inlet some (not a bunch) water will spill on the floor.

Posted on May 10, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i replace flush valve?

To replace the ballcock (flush valve):
  1. turn off water valve at wall
  2. flush2 times
  3. disconnect line from bottom of tank
  4. unscrew nut where line enters tank bottom
  5. remove lift device (Chain) from stopper at bottom inside tank
  6. lift the ballcock up and out of tank.
  7. replace withnew
  8. reverse to install.

Nov 14, 2015 | Kohler K-3453-K4 Memoirs Comfort Height...

1 Answer

1950's Eljer Murray toilet ballcock troubleshoot

Your best course of action is to replace the whole ballcock assembly with a new one. I recommend the Fluimaster 400a it is a different design but it will work well with your toilet.
Hope this helps

Jul 02, 2014 | Eljer Toilet Twopiece Murray 091017000

1 Answer

Eljer Windsor One Piece Toilet help - leaks water into bowl

I would go back with the ballcock kind. However, the flapper will need to be replaced. It is not seating properly. The fluid master is a revised version and a bit more efficient. It should work well also. They both work off buoyancy and shuts off water the same way.

Feb 18, 2013 | Home

1 Answer

I am unable to find drain plu release valve on radiator on 1996 cadillac deville

It has to be a small plastic wing on the back or engine side
of radiator done low or it will be an allen screw recessed
into the bottom on either corner

You have to be able to see the shot drain tube
below the screw or valve,get under the car

Sep 09, 2012 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille

1 Answer

Water keeps running, toilet not shutting off totally, tank will fill then we have to pull up float and hold it a while to stop water, doesn't overflow, just keeps running, doesn't shut off...

Hi snowjobs847...
Try resetting your float level to a lower water level in the tank, the extra pressure put on the seal may make it reseal.
If the above did not work:
You need to replace your "ballcock"...the ballcock (inlet valve) is non-repairable, has to be replaced with a new one if you cannot get it to stop leaking.
Please take time to rate me

Sep 04, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

Toilet doesn't stop filling up causing permanent overflow outside ballcock not working properly

The best thing you can do is to replace your ballcock. You can buy that in any hardware store.Kindly bring your old ballcock when buying a new one so that they can give you a right ballcock or you may buy a universal ballcock.

Jul 16, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Villeroy & Boch flush tank doesnt get water

Hi pervana....
You have an obstruction in your ballcock/inlet valve or the ballcock/inlet valve is malfunctioning and is need of replacement.
Try to move the float up and down inside of the bowl, this may loosen the valve and allow water to enter the tank.
If this does not solve your problem then you will need to replace the ballcock/inlet valve.
Free Answer...Please take time to rate me

May 16, 2011 | Villeroy & Boch 5C06 01 P8 Twist One Piece...

1 Answer

Not flushing, bowl will not fill up with water

Hi rjhfp

Check inside of the tank to make sure the connector from the handle of the flusher to the "flapper valve" is connected, to do this you have to remove the tank lid.
If it is connected then you have a different problem.
Sounds like you have trash in the valve inside of the "ballcock assembly"
The ballcock assembly is the part that lets the water into the tank, and the "flapper valve" is the part that allows the water to flush into the bowl...
Replace you ballcock assembly and it will solve your problems.
Free Answer...Please rate me

Apr 16, 2011 | Pegasus Technologies Two-Piece Round...

1 Answer

Auto Settings Mode

Hello jmmarsh, replacement of the flash unit is the righ solution. 50 Euro for my account. If you need more info, please advice. Arpi

Mar 05, 2007 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W70 Digital Camera

Not finding what you are looking for?
Eljer Toilet  Onepiece  Canterbury  081162047 Logo

Related Topics:

291 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Eljer Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

12650 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4340 Answers

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Are you an Eljer Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides