Parental screen coming up on a DVD. Not able to watch DVD.
I just rented the dvd "Across the Universe". IT's new. When i put the dvd with the film on it in the dvd player, I get a parental control screen that I can't get past. I can't watch the film. The feature dvd that came with it, works fine! Everything I have works fine. What's the deal? I have a GoVideo and have never had any problems with it.
Same problem. I try to load the "Across the Universe" DVD and get a parental control screen I can't get past. Only "Across the Universe" seems to do this.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the instuctions below to reset the password and switch off the parental control on the Zenith DBV412.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD player 2. Switch the TV to the input for the DVD player 3. Remove any disc from the player 4. Press the SETUP key on the Zenith remote to open the on-screen menu 5. Press 2 1 0 4 9 9 using the numerical keys on the Zenith remote. 6. Press SETUP again to close the menu
This will clear any password that has been set. Now you need to switch off the parental control:
8. Press the SETUP key to open the on-screen menu again 9. Use the down arrow to highlight the PADLOCK for the parental control settings 10. Press the RIGHT arrow once to enter the parental control menu 11. Highlight RATING and press the RIGHT arrow once.
You will be asked to set a password. Enter something simple and easy to remember, e.g. 0000 then press ENTER. You will need to confirm the password by entering the same number again, then press enter again.
12. Use the UP/DOWN arrows to highlight UNLOCK then press ENTER 13. Press SETUP again to close the menu
You should now be able to insert your Across the Universe disc and play it. If you are still unable to watch the disc or you are unable to switch off the parental control feature, please let me know.
Without the DVD in the player go into your setup menu. Arrow down to the icon that is a lock press enter. arrow down to password and if it says new or change select it. you need to enter a pass code so that when the prompt comes up you can override the parental limits. if you need to clear your old security code because you have forgotten it the manual says to input the 6 digit number from teh setup menu "210499" I did not do this as I had never set up a security code but the Across the universe DVD will play as long as enter the security code.
You have the rating set on your DVD player to lower than the rating of the movie you are trying to watch.
Somewhere in your setup menu of your DVD player (press the "setup" button on the remote with disc stopped or no disc) you will find a place to set the parental lock. Either turn it off, if that is an option, or set it to the rating of the movie (or higher) to enable viewing.
Called Zenith. They said: turn on the DVD player. Hit "set-up".
Scroll down to the "lock" icon. Scroll over to "Rating". Scroll over to unlock. Enter 0000. Click on Ok. Enter 0000 again, click Ok again. Menu should read unlock. Voila!