I have tried to plug in both my daughters IPod and my Kodak digital camera and neither are being detected by my win xp computer. Last week I was able to upload my photos off my camera and now it is not even detected by my computer. What can I do? I have turned off the computer and let is set overnight and turned it back on but still does not detect plug n play items. Please help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try to uninstall previously installed cam software and restart the pc and again install the cam drivers and after installing the drivers connect your webcam and check whether it is detecting or not? but be sure that you have proper webcam driver for your operating system.
Try restarting the iPod and connect it again. If it doesn't recognize it try it on another PC, if it still isn't detected it is the iPod. Buying a Mac wouldn't help nor hurt the situation, it would just be an expenditure.
Hello, try using a card reader and plug your new SD card to your pc, it will appear as a removable drive. If it is detected by your pc, try to reformat it by doing this:
1. Click Start/Windows Button on the lower left of your screen, select Computer
2. A window will open, listing all the storage devices in your computer (Local Disk C:, etc)
3. Look for the removable drive, that is your SD Card. Then right-click on it, go to Format.
It will format your SD card.
4. After formatting, remove your SD card from your computer then test it using your digital camera.
If it still doesn't work even with other cameras, it might be a defective SD card, try contacting the store where you bought it and have it replaced.
There may be the different formates that your operating system is not recognizing. You need to download and install the latest version of itune sofware in order to detect your ipod. After installing it you will be in the position to detect it with all necessar functions.