Won't Fill and will attempt to run wash cycle when turned off and door is closed
Hello ddux97 - I understand your dishwasher has power but
will not fill with water. Here are a few simple troubleshooting tips that may
help you resolve this issue:
• Make sure water supply is turned on. (First
check for shut off valve under the kitchen sink).
• Check the house circuit breaker or fuse box,
reset circuit breaker or replace fuse.
• Check inlet hose and make sure it's not twisted.
• Does float overfill protector (mushroom shaped
object in tub) move freely? This is located in the bottom left front corner of
• If this is a new install, then make sure the
unit is not pressed up against the cabinet and the fill tube is not squeezed
• Make sure the electrical wires going to the
water inlet valve have not come off. It is best to turn off power to the
dishwasher before reconnect wires, it doesn't matter which terminal is off both
need to be connected.
• Make sure the drain hose is installed correctly.
If the drain hose is routed under the floor as the dishwasher fills water can
be drawn from the tub and appear to have never filled.
• Some models of Frigidaire dishwashers use a
water pressure switch that will shut off the water valve if the tub over fills.
These models do not have floats.
I hope these troubleshooting tips help you in some small
Jun 20, 2013 |
Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2850 Built-in...