An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Printer - Setup
USB-interface; CU- custom format of paper; Plain- paper type.
Default settings in the menu of the printer is: A4 or letter,plain
That is the same thing in the printer driver. Also check format of paper settings in small window of your paper cassette.Turn roller to adjust proper size of paper.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The MP tray is the fold down 50 sheet tray that is built in to the front door of the Samsung ML-3712. It is usually used for thick papers, letterheads and unusual sized paper.
Sometimes people mistake the 250 sheet cassette tray that slides underneath the printer for the MP tray.
If you want to print on plain paper in your cassette tray and you keep getting this message.
1. cancel all print jobs
2. try printing a new document ( you can make a new word document with just one line)
if that works
Usually one of the settings in the print job you are printing will be out of specification ( could be too small margins) and the printer will be trying to feed from the MP tray
If the new print job doesn't work, the problem is likely in your default printer settings/properties
MP tray is not the cassette it this flap that pulls down above it.
The machine will revert to asking to place paper in its MP tray when the information it is receiving about the document from whatever program tell it that the size is not the same as what the cassette is set to...
so, check page size in of document in word program or whatever you are using
also check paper type and size settings match those you just checked in the printers properties under printers in control panel.
If you put a piece of paper in the MANUAL BYPASS TRAY bot the cassette it will print on that.
To get evverything back to normal, turn off printer, delete jobs in print que, change paper size of document in word/excell/etc is set same as paper type in printer, print again.. all should be good...
p.s. these are good quality printers that why I bother to answer you... cheers
The usual reason that the printer will ask you to load paper into the MPF is that the green paper guides in the paper tray is not clicked in the right position. It only needs to be slightly out of position to give the wrong paper size info to the printer. The easiest way to confirm if the guides are correct is to print the Menu Settings Page. Check that the paper sizes listed in that report are the same as the actual paper sizes in each tray. If it's different you need to adjust the guide correctly. It's remotely possible that the sensing switch is faulty but it's more likely that the paper tray guide isn't latched in it's correct position.
MP tray needs to be set on FIRST*
When paper is in MP tray, thats where the printer will automatically take it from. When there is no paper in the MP tray, or it is closed, the printer will take from the cassette.
Ok.... I have these printers at work...and i think i have figured this one out :
Under setup menu , goto configure mp , then switch the settings from cassette to manual. You see these printers are used at Hotels where the bottom tray is for legal size paper used to make key packets and the mp is used for regular sized paper printing reciepts....Hilton family hotels use them for example....the next thing I'm trying to figure out is how to set it so I won't have to push the go button every time I print something
Manual Feed Command. 1. Press the Job Cancel button to cancel the print job. Delete the print job in the print queue on the computer. You can quickly access the print queue by double clicking the Printer icon in the task tray or dock.
2. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer. Check that the front cover is closed.
3. Turn the printer power switch ON while holding down the GO button until the Toner, Drum, and Paper LEDs are lit.
4. Release the GO button. All LEDs will be off.
5. Press the GO button 8 times. The green Status LED will flash briefly while the printer is reset. After the printer is reset the Status LED will be lit green.
6. Print the Print Settings by pressing the GO button three times. If the Print Settings pages do not print and the Paper LED is on again skip to the next section - No Paper in the Paper Cassette.
If the Print Settings pages print, the problem is isolated to printing from your computer. The Paper Source of the Brother printer driver or program you are printing from may be set to MP Tray or Manual, instead of Auto Select, Tray 1, or Tray 2 (if the optional paper tray is installed). To check the Paper Source setting of most programs, click File and Page Setup or Page Layout. You may need to click the Paper Source tab or Paper tab depending on your software application. Verify that in the Paper Source section does not list MP Tray or Manual. Choose Auto Select, or another relevant source such as Tray 1. Click OK. Try printing the document again.
No paper in the paper cassette. 1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
2. Insert the letter or legal size paper into the paper tray with the top edge of the paper first and the print side down. Make sure that the paper is flat in the tray and below the maximum paper mark. If using a paper size other than letter or legal, the paper should be loaded in the MP Tray. The MP Tray can print on paper from 2.75 in. by 4.57 in. up to8.5 in. by 16 in.
3. While pressing the blue paper-guide release lever, slide the paper guides to fit the paper size. Make sure that the guides are firmly in the slots. For legal size paper, press the lever located at the back of the tray and pull out of the back of the open tray.
4. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer. Press the GO button. If the alarm clears, no further troubleshooting is needed. If the alarm continues, follow the steps below.
Paper Jam at Paper Pick-up. 1. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer.
2. Remove the paper cassette from the printer.
3. Elevate the front of the printer slightly to locate the jammed paper.
4. Gently remove the jammed paper.
5. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer.
6. Turn the printer power switch ON. If the alarm clears, no further troubleshooting is needed.