Question about Jenn-Air JGW8130DD Gas Single Oven
That is a very complicated unit for the average handyman. It has
electronic controls and a relay board, sensors and a locking mechanism.
First thing I would check is the locking mechanism and the switch on
it. Do this first and let me know if you find one of the switches
defective or shorted. While there, check the light switch which is
bi-functional being used for the light and also to tell the ERC the door
is opened or closed.
Jenn-Air self-cleaning ovens have a special setting that allows you to clean the oven without chemicals or scrubbing. The oven heats to a temperature higher than used for cooking. The intense heat burns food spills and other residue off oven's inner surfaces.
1. Remove the broiler pan and any utensils to prevent them from being damaged. Take out the oven racks, since the high heat might discolor them.
2. Wet a cleaning cloth or sponge with hot water and detergent. Wash off splatters or spills from areas that won't be affected by the cleaning process, including the oven door liner and the oven's front frame. Wipe up any excess grease or spills on the oven floor.
3. Close the oven door and press the "clean" pad on the unit's touch pad.
4. Enter the amount of cleaning time. For example, two hours is appropriate for a lightly soiled oven, three for average and four for heavily soiled. Cleaning should start immediately. The oven will remain locked during the cycle.
5. To delay cleaning, hit the "stop time" pad and enter the desired stop time. For example, if it is 9 p.m. and you want the oven to clean for three hours starting at 10 p.m., key in the numbers 1,0,0.
6. While the cleaning function operates, use the scouring pads to wash the oven racks and other utensils. Once the cycle ends and the oven unlocks and cools, you can use a damp cloth to pick up any loose or burnt debris inside. Replace the racks, broiler pan and utensils.
Tell us news.
Posted on May 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2016 | GE Ovens
Mar 25, 2016 | Ovens
Feb 04, 2013 | GE Ovens
Dec 11, 2011 | Kenmore 33464 / 33465 / 33469 Gas Single...
F9 is a door lock error and to solve this issue you can hold
the light switch for 15 seconds, this will reset the control. If it won't work
then hold the light switch in and set the unit to clean and after a minute
press cancel to cancel the clean cycle. If still it won't work then the door
lock assembly should be replaced. Hope this helps...please post
back for further assistance.
Aug 07, 2011 | Maytag Ovens
May 09, 2010 | Jenn-Air JGW8130DD Gas Single Oven
Sep 05, 2009 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
May 04, 2009 | Frigidaire 27 in. Electric Double...
Dec 10, 2008 | Ovens
Dec 22, 2007 | Frigidaire GLEB27S7A Electric Single Oven
172 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: