Question about HP LaserJet 5p Printer
I have very light vertical streaking on the face of the printed page in all areas - printed and white areas. It is very faint but noticeable, there are no crisp defined lines.
In the past 2 weeks a message "Black Toner Low" popped on the panel. Could this be the cause of the faint streaking?
You have 2 problem.
1). toner is bad
2). toner is low
change the toner should fix both porblem.
try to clean the roller while you have the toner out. (just in case).
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2015 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 26, 2013 | Dell 966 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 28, 2012 | Xerox Phaser 7760DN Laser Printer
Aug 11, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office...
Jul 29, 2011 | Brother HL4040CDN Duplex Unit
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 25, 2009 | Cannon MULTIPASS C530 Printer
Apr 07, 2009 | HP Color LaserJet 4550 Printer
Oct 25, 2007 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
552 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!