An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: A better alarm clock
I was asking as far as the SP so I knew what software you were dealing with. Software is specific to SP as it tells what the application is so that I can tell you exactly how to do what it is you are wanting to do. You can use the datebook but some SP's Alarm clocks ie VZW has it were you can go into the Alarms detail and set it for M-F and not the weekends. ( My husband does this with his phone for the same reason as you) Let me know if I can help in any other way. Also some SP allow for Java Applications so that you are "allow" to put on another Alarm clock onto your phone to better suit your needs. SP are good for 2 things, telling me what it is I am dealing with and ummm.. ;)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your mobile phone has a built-in alarm clock
with a snooze feature. You can set up to five
separate alarms and choose whether or not
the alarm should repeat.
Setting an Alarm
1. From the main menu, select Alarm.
2. To edit the alarm, press the () key. The
following options display:
• Time: Set the specified time for this
• Repeat: Select Once (default)/Every day/
Days or customize as preferred.
• Snooze: The alarm will repeat at regular
You need to make sure the Ringer is enabled. Here are the instructions:
Alarm Clock The Alarm Clock tool allows you to set up to three alarms. When you set an alarm, the current time is displayed. When the alarm goes off, Alarm 1 (or 2 or 3, as applicable) will be displayed on the LCD screen and the alarm will sound.
1. From standby mode press the Center Select Key c [MENU], then press the Directional Key r right twice for SETTINGS & TOOLS, 2 Tools, 4 Alarm Clock. 2. Press the Directional Key j up or down to highlight an Alarm (1, 2, or 3), then press the Center Select Key c [OK]. 3. Enter the alarm information including: • On/Off • Time • Frequency • Ringer 4. Press the Directional Key j up or down to highlight the information you want to set, then press the Left Soft Key L [Set] to view your choices. 5. Set information and press the Center Select Key c [OK]. 6. Press the Center Select Key c [SAVE] after setting all of the applicable Alarm Fields.
Try using Datebook, it isn't exactly an alarm but you can program reminders and apply them daily, work days, multimple days (allowing you to choose which days you want to be reminded), weekly, day per month, or even yearly.
A possible solution to this issue could be changing the automatic update of time and date.
If it's currently switched on on your phone, try switching it off. And if it's already off try switching it off.
Here's where to find the setting:
Menu >> Applications >> Clock >> Options >> Settings >> Automatic time update
For more info, check the (English) N79 manual on page 147