Sony has a few fixes for this.
Visit PLAYSTATION 3 System Software Update
to download and install the most recent version.
To check what version of the System Software is currently installed on your PLAYSTATION 3:
- From the XMB™ home menu, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information].
The system will display the System Software version number.
During certain troubleshooting situations, it may be necessary to restore all of the PLAYSTATION 3 system settings back to their original "default" configuration.
- From the XMB™ home menu, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Restore Default Settings].
- Once you select [Restore Default Settings], you will see a list of settings that will be restored. Scroll through them and press the button to restore the settings.
- After the operation is complete, you will see the initial setup screen that appeared the first time you turned on the PLAYSTATION 3.
You will need to go through the initial setup process before you can use the PLAYSTATION 3.
The Restore Default Settings feature will erase any previously saved settings and restore all of the following settings to the default:
- BD/DVD Settings
- Music Settings
- Chat Settings
- System Settings
- Date and Time Settings
- Accessory Settings
- Display Settings
- Sound Settings
- Security Settings
- Network Settings
- Internet Browser Settings
Also, do not confuse "Restore Default Settings" with the "Restore PS3 System" option (the next option down on the menu). The "Restore PS3 System" will not only restore the default settings, but it will also delete all hard disk content
. (You will lose all saved content from your PS3 system's hard drive if you use "Restore PS3 System.)
Power-Cycle All Network Equipment
Power-cycle means to turn the networking devices OFF (i.e., unplug it from the power source), and then to turn it back ON after a set period of time. This will allow the network devices to refresh its settings.
Please power-cycle ALL of your network equipment, including any wireless access points, routers, Voice Over IP (VOIP) modems, and broadband modems for two (2) full minutes. After 2 minutes, you can turn on (or plug in) your equipment.
Hope this helps. Good luck and happy gaming!!