- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1:Remove the battery immediately. This reduces the risk of a short circuit. Place the battery in a windowsill inside or outside. Do not put it near a heat source.
2:Dry your phone with an absorbent cloth.
3:Remove all the screws from your phone.
4:Carefully pry your faceplate off your phone with the flat edge and remove the rubber number pad.
5:Dry the inside of your phone with a cotton swab to be sure you get all the liquid from the crevices.
6:Dry your phone with a blow dryer on medium at a distance of 3-5 inches for approximately ninety minutes.
7:Shake your phone just to be sure there is no water remaining.
8:Replace rubber number pad and faceplate on your phone.
9:Replace all screws.
10:Replace the battery in your phone. If possible, you may want to buy a new a battery to ensure against acid leakage.
or try this advice :
This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and digital cameras etc .
it sounds crazy .
Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY .
Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points (shiny, goldish) on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.
Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.
It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).
beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.
This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick. related link is here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Otjgd48nY