Question about Olympus FE-280 Digital Camera
When I turn on the camera, the lens opens but then makes a clicking sound. The screen appears black. If I change the setting I see a blurry picture. The focus doesn't work and I can't magnify anything. Then the camera will close. The Play button works and I can see my past photos, so it is not the battery or the viewing screen. What's wrong and is there anything I can do.
How to put the lens mechanism of the camera to its own place?
1. Turn off the camera.
2. Remove your battery and memory card.
3. Unscrew the screws and open the back cover of the camera.
4. Unscrew the screws of the main board.
5. Remove the lens mechanism.
6. Be careful not to touch the rear part of optic parts for protecting to the fingerprints and not to cut the wiring system.
7. Take out the lens mechanism and watch the lens roads. Is there any broken parts around there? If not it is a good news. Then go on to look carefully around the lens mechanism. Is there anything looking unusual? But if you have unusual noise that has two meanings.
a. There is a dust in the lens mechanism. Then it is very easy to fix it. In this position you should give a pressured air to clean it. And collect the camera parts together.
b. There are some broken parts in it. Then there are two solutions.
(1) Give pressured air to clean it. It is easy and does not need to change any part. Go on from 8.
(2) Lens mechanism needs to be changed. Buy new lens mechanism or find it from one of second hand and out of order cameras. Go on from 8.
8. If there is nothing looking unusual, take the lens mechanism to your hand. Then control its move while sliding it slowly and carefully.
9. Collect the camera part as you have unscrewed.
10. Install the memory card and battery.
11. Turn on the camera. Try to focus on any subject specially on the mode that you recently faced with.
Where can you buy a new lens mechanism and how much does it cost?
1. If you need to change the lens mechanism, then you can buy it from http://www.ebay.com
2. Open this address and write to the search box the item number:170482444552
3. You can see the price of this item there. If it is suitable for you then buy it and change it as I said above.
I hope it is helpful.
Posted on May 08, 2010
Testimonial: "Very Thorough. I have not got to try it yet, because I have not had time, but I will defintely try and also take the advice to a repair man, if I can't do it myself."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2009 | Casio Exilim EX-S600 Digital Camera
May 28, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Nov 17, 2008 | Canon PowerShot S1 IS Digital Camera
Aug 04, 2008 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Digital Camera
Jan 09, 2008 | LG enV VX9900 Cellular Phone
Mar 18, 2007 | Canon PowerShot SD100 / IXUS II Digital...
Jan 18, 2014 | Olympus FE-280 Digital Camera
480 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: