Question about Whirlpool Dryers
My whirlpool roper gas dryer only burns for 15 seconds. which sensor do I replace?
Its only supposed to burn 15 seconds. That is normal. It cycles on and off all during the cycle. If it stayed on the thing would burn up. If you mean it works and quits or takes a long long time to come back on then you need to replace the control solenoids. Fell them after a burn. The hot one is the problem. part number 279834
If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/dan_73bbd84fe1d95b61
Posted on May 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2017 | Whirlpool Dryers
Jan 01, 2016 | Dryers
If your dryer is not heating, then check if the power cord is plugged into the wall. It may be loose or disconnected. Inspect the fuses and circuit breakers they may have burned out or tripped. Usually, dryer will still tumble but not create heat if a fuse or a circuit breaker is not working. Now, check whether the heating element in your gas dryer is burned out by using an ohm meter to check for continuity. If the continuity is not there then you would need to replace the element. After checking the element, check out the thermal fuse to see if it's burned out. The thermal fuse is attached to the exhaust duct on the back panel of the gas dryer. It's usually surrounded by a black resin material situated in a housing made of white plastic. If the fuse looks like it's blown, then it needs to be replaced.
Now, check the igniter, there is a plastic connector attaching the igniter to the burner. Disconnect this and place the probes onto the two contacts of the igniter. The meter should read under 100 Ohms of resistance. If the reading is above 100 ohms then igniter is bad. If the igniter passes the test then you need to test continuity on the flame sensor. You should have continuity between the two contacts. If not, then you need to replace the flame sensor. The sensors are usually located close by the igniter so are easily visible. Hope this helps...
Sep 15, 2010 | Roper REX4634KQ Electric Dryer
Jun 17, 2010 | Roper RGX4634KQ Gas Dryer
Oct 20, 2009 | Whirlpool LGV4634JQ Gas Dryer
Sep 24, 2009 | Roper RGX4634KQ Gas Dryer
Jul 17, 2009 | Roper RGX4634KQ Gas Dryer
Jun 02, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Jun 01, 2009 | Dryers
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!