Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Chances are it is a boyonet base bulb. Unplug or turn off the power to the microwave. To remove the bulb, press in lightly, turn the base of the bulb counter-clockwise about 20 degrees till it stops, then it should pull straight out.
Posted on May 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2015 | Maytag MMV1164WB Microwave Oven
Jun 07, 2014 | Frigidaire Gallery FGMV205K 2.0 cu. ft....
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
May 02, 2011 | GE JVM1440 Microwave Oven
May 02, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 30, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 09, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1325BW Microwave Oven
Jul 11, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 26, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
May 03, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: