How to remove Canon A570is broken battery door
I had the same problem and found nothing online to fix it so based on what little I could find and some common sense I got it done fairly easily. Here's what I did...if you need more detail on any step either re-read it to see if you missed something or let me know 'cause maybe I missed something.
Standard warning - you are dealing with small screws, small parts and things that might break. If you damage your camera trying this repair - please don't blame me! <G>
1) remove batteries and memory card
2) carefully remove screws around the outside.
There are: 3 on the bottom, 1 under the plastic usb cover on the left side, 3 on the right side. Once those are out, remove the clip that holds the wrist strap and you'll find 1 more on the top of the camera under the wrist strap clip.
3) starting at the bottom of the camera, gently separate the back cover from the camera body. YOU DON'T NEED TO TOTALLY REMOVE THE COVER!
4) (note the small spring on the battery hatch - when you complete the next step that spring will come out so look at where it is, which way it is and don't lose it!) While holding the cover and camera body apart slightly, use a pair of fine needlenose pliers or possibly tweezers & slide the pin that holds the hatch in place toward the back of the camera until the spring and door come off. You don't need to totally remove the pin.
5) take your new door assembly and put it in place. the fun part is the little spring - the shorter end of it has to go through a small hole at the back of the hinge area, the longer end puts pressure against the hatch. Once the spring is in place, hold it there and slide the pin back into place (I found that just allowing the cover and body to come back together moved it into place).
6) try the hatch to make sure it opens/closes freely and latches
7) put the screws back in place - note that one of them is shorter than all the others - that one goes on the top of the camera under the wrist strap clip
Hope this helps!
Please note - this is the only digital I've taken apart so I'm not likely to be able to help with other makes and models but feel free to ask!
Jun 14, 2010 |
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera