Question about Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

I need a replacement grease filter #06124-02 for hood model # 106-2S

Posted by on

  • smith230 Mar 30, 2008

    Very helpful. I have the part ordered and it saves me a lot of expenses relative to buying a new range. Thanks again.

  • smith230 Mar 30, 2008

    Great help. I would have had to abandon the old range except for this assisstance.


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 5,911 Answers

I found the part number listed at, but it does not show an illustration. The orginal part number you provided has been discontinued and substituted as #Y0612402. The part costs $23.99 and is listed as a filter, however. I found the part by using the "Find a Part by Part #" on the front page. For confirmation there is a toll free number and email address under the "Contact Us" menu. I hope this helps you.

Posted on Mar 27, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Broiler element heats up but smoke comes from behind where element it plugs into

Hello Paul;

My name is Peter. I am a retired field service technician.

You either have grease burning, insulating material burning or a short in the electrical wiring behind your oven back wall.

Do not use your broiler until the issue is fixed.

Turn the power off at your breaker box. Pull the oven out so you can get behind it. Remove the back cover and assets the problem.

Go into the following website, put in your model number and you will get diagrams, part numbers and cost. If you need a part, record the part number and search the internet for best price.
Water Filters Lawn Garden Appliance Parts

Mar 26, 2016 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Fuel pump/replacement

  • 1

    Open the hood and prop it.

  • 2

    Open the cover to the under-hood fuse box and locate the fuel pumpicon1.png relay. You can find the fuel pump relay by reading the diagram under the fuse box cover.

  • 3

    Remove the fuel pump relay by pulling it up with your fingers.

  • 4

    Crank the engine for approximately 5 seconds and repeat three times. The engine won't start, because the fuel pump relay is removed and will just crank. The purpose behind this is to relieve fuel systemicon1.png pressure so that you can safely remove the fuel filter without fuel spraying dangerously.

  • 5

    Locate the fuel filter on the passenger side of the engine compartment. It should be black and cylindrical with two fuel hoses attached to it.

  • 6

    Unscrew both hose clamps with a screwdriver and pull the hoses off.

  • 7

    Unscrew the bracket holding the fuel filter with a screwdriver and remove the fuel filter.

  • 8

    Install a new fuel filter onto the bracket and tighten the bracket with a screwdriver

  • 9

    Connect the two fuel lines to the new fuel filter and tighten the hose clamps with a screwdriver.

  • 10

    Reinstall the fuel pump relay.

  • 11

    Start the Kia Sorento and make sure there aren't any leaks. It may take a few cranks to get the fuel circulated through the system for the car to start.

  • Oct 23, 2012 | Jenn-Air JDR8895AAS Dual Fuel (Electric...

    1 Answer

    Hi there, I have an Indesit HI160E Rangehood, and need new filters, what do I ask for in the store?

    range hood filter is what they are called also let them know the size L/W/H so that they can give you the replacment for that or find a dealer that sells the rangehood and get new filters from them costs a bit more but works better then aftermarket

    Jan 26, 2010 | Kitchen Ranges

    1 Answer

    I am trying to remove the filter from a tappan range hood model HD1442I I see clips on each side of the filter but they don't want to move.

    They are more than likely stuck from grease take a butter knife and slid it between the hood and the screen and break the grease seal all around the screen then try removing it by pulling on the tabs at the same time in one direction away from the frame it should come out. You can go to Wal Mart and buy Super clean to clean the grease out of it and the hood as well. Be sure to wear rubber gloves when using the super clean, it's in the automotive section if yo have a spray bottle you can buy the gallon jug it's like $7.00 for a gallon and $4.99 for 10 oz. spray bottle and I use it on everything cars stoves washing machines and any appliance that needs cleaned it is a very powerful cleaner. Hope this helps, if this does not do the trick let me know and I will give ya some more advice but pretty sure it's just the spattered grease holding it in place. Hope this helps and thanks for using fix-ya.

    Jan 19, 2010 | Tappan TEF242 Electric Kitchen Range

    1 Answer

    Jenn air s166w down draft range with ill-fitting grease filter when we moved in. I think the range is 20+ years old. The replacement part I ordered is too wide (6 3/4 inch) for the opening of 4.5 inches...

    i have had trouble with this filter in the past, it seems they changed the body style years ago and the filter you have is for the new down draft
    but your problem is not that hard,
    you can buy the proper air filter at you local hardware store and make your own replacements for pennis on the dollar,
    one 3.00 filte will get you between 3-9 filters
    you want a charcoal filter you can just lay it in under the air grate

    Oct 08, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges

    1 Answer

    I need to find the charcoal filter and motor for a range hood, brand unknown but have part number here. Can u tell me how to find the parts?

    I have seen generic replacement filters in popular sizes at Lowe's. H/Depot probably has the same, ans would all appliance parts supply houses. Take your old one with you, and you should be able to get a replacement.
    Best regards, --W/D--

    Aug 05, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges

    1 Answer

    I am wondering if with a Jenn Air downdraft electric range do I have to vent to the outside or does it recirculate? and is there a filter?

    yes you have to or grease will build up under your house and I dont think there is a filter for this application but double check with a appliance supply house though I dont do alot of installs

    Jan 10, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges

    1 Answer

    Stoves newhome

    the residue is the grease being exhuasted from the oven.i wouldnt think you could vent it out unless you have an overhead hood.if its really bothersome look at a home depot/lowes for a heat/fire resistant filter and install it on the oven somehow.

    Jan 05, 2008 | Stoves 800DFDOm Dual Fuel (Electric and...

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Kitchen Ranges Logo

    Related Topics:

    120 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

    Dan Webster
    Dan Webster

    Level 3 Expert

    8205 Answers

    Richard Roth
    Richard Roth

    Level 3 Expert

    9472 Answers


    Level 3 Expert

    63801 Answers

    Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides