Question about Computers & Internet
The below step will surely resolve the issue..
CD/DVD drive in device manager and the CD/DVD properties in device manager shows error code 10 , 19 , 31 , 32 , 39 or 41, please use the following steps:
This issue occurs due to an incorrect registry entry, which might be created due to installation of an incompatible CD/DVD burning program. We will remove the registry entry and re-install the CD/DVD drive and the issue will be fixed.
1. Click on Start and type regedit in the search box and hit enter. It will open Registry Editor window.
2. It will open registry editor.
3. Click on File and Export, it will open a new window.
4. Select Desktop from left pane in the new window and put file name as regbackup and click on Save.
5. It will create a back up of the registry on desktop.
In case something goes wrong during modifying registry, this registry backup can be used to restore to original registry.
6. Now in registry editor click on triangle symbol next to the following items in the left pane:
7. Locate 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 below class and click on it. Make sure you have selected the correct entry as all the entries looks almost similar.
8. Look at right pane and check if you see UpperFilter and LowerFilters entries.
9. Please right click on UpperFilter and LowerFilters and select delete.
10. make sure there are no other UpperFilter and LowerFilters entry in that window.
11. Close registry editor.
12. Now please click on Start and type device manager in the search box and hit enter.
13. It will open Device manager window.
14. Click on + sign near CD/DVD entry and it will show the name of the CD/DVD drive with a yellow mark near it.
15. Right click on it and select uninstall.
16. It will remove the CD/DVD entry from device manager.
17. In Device manager, click on Action > Scan for hardware changes to re-install CD/DVD drive.
18. Now you should see the CD/DVD drive entry.
19. Do you see any yellow mark near it now?
20. Please click on Start > Computer and check if CD/DVD drive is listed.
21. Please insert a CD or DVD and check if the computer reads it.
Posted on Jun 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2013 | Sony Optiarc AD-7280S 24X SATA DVDRW Drive...
Dec 27, 2012 | Optiarc Sony AD-7740H-01 Slim DVDRW 8X...
Apr 05, 2010 | Sony Optiarc AD-7581A 8x DVD?±RW DL...
Dec 26, 2009 | Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD-RW Burner
Oct 29, 2009 | Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200A IDE Internal DVD...
Oct 29, 2009 | Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7530B 8x DVD?±RW DL...
Oct 16, 2009 | Lenovo IdeaPad Y530-5243U
Jan 01, 2009 | Sony Optiarc AD-7170S Burner
Dec 19, 2008 | eMachines T5274 Desktop PC
356 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!