Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
From the above select option "Rebuild Database". After PS3 has executed this DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu.
Posted on May 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
on Mar 20, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jul 23, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 01, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Download the firmware from the
playstation official website onto a usb
stick. Follow the instructions on the website at: www.playstation.com (the update will be at the bottom of the page, on the right side.)
Jan 22, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 04, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 13, 2010 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
Apr 23, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 22, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!