- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the cell phone battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out.Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles andwill lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR Thebattery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the batterydrops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to anunacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
Check the contacts between phone and battery,
if necessary align or clean. Are
you using original Motorola charger? This solved my problem; I was trying to
charge it with one of those "universal" chargers. Hope this helps!
COULD BE THE PHONE BUT MOST LIKELY ITS THE CHARGER, IF ITS AFTERMARKET GET RID OF IT AND BUY OEM, TRY AND TEST IT OUT WOULD A FREINDS MOTOROLA CHARGER SINCE THEY'RE MOSTLY THE SAME CHARGERS AND SEE IF YOU STILL GET THE MESSAGE.
I had the same problem with charging, I found that my car charger and via USB charged the phone but not my home charger. Give that a try, if it works with either one of them you will have to send it to Motoservice center and they will fix the internal connection problem. (save your money on buying new batteries and chargers) Make sure that the phone is not locked to a network, or make sure that the SIM has not expired and has plenty of credit.
I plugged my phone up and all of a sudden got the message "Unable to charge" on it. I changed chargers (i had an extra one), i changed batteries (i had an extra one), and i swapped every combination imaginable.
My Razr's plug has an opening to plug the phone that resembles a person's navel, and it got dirt and dust bunnies in it while it was in and out of my pockets. I was able to take an old tooth brush (or your new one if your really desperate), and got a can of office duster that you use to clean keyboards. Turn the can of office duster upside down for a second while you are spraying it and liquid will come out as you are spraying the connector. Immediately after that, use your toothbrush to work it inside the dirty connector to free it from anything that will keep it from making good contact. Then, hold the can of office duster upright and it will only spray air... and blow the connector free of anything that you loosened with the brush. Repeat this process if after all this it still doesn't work... because you have a REALLY REALLY dirty connector if it doesn't work after the first try.
While not a fix for this problem, what I have found to work nearly every time is to set something slightly heavy on the charger prong where it enters the phone. Turning it over and resting the prong on a book also allows it to make the necessary contact. It has lasted me for two years; one year charging just like that.