Question about Amana SXD524VW Side by Side Refrigerator
My ice maker appears to have stopped working and not sure why. Every so often a couple of ice cubes are created but that's it.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2014 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Before going to buy any parts
Go through this troubleshooting help links.
This is list of refrigerator problems,
which is normally faced in refrigerator.
You can go through the details, by clicking the link below:---
Refrigerator is not cooling properly?
Both refrigerator and freezer not cooling properly in refrigerator?
The ice maker not working: ---
Compressor not running on refrigerator?
Water dispenser not working on refrigerator?
other ice maker related issues and solutions:---
These will help.
Dec 21, 2012 | LG LFX25976ST - 3-Door French Door...
Jun 16, 2012 | Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Nov 09, 2009 | GE Profile Arctica Stainless Steel Top...
Aug 10, 2009 | Whirlpool Gold White-on-White 21.9 cu. ft....
Apr 01, 2009 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
Apr 01, 2009 | Frigidaire Optional Icemaker Kit
Jul 25, 2008 | Frigidaire FRS26R4A Side by Side...
Jul 03, 2008 | Kenmore 56549 / 56542 / 56544 / 56546 Side...
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: