Question about EnGenius EAP-3660 802.11b/g Wireless Access Point
We have deployed more than 120 engenius eap-3660 access points in 10 storied Hotel building, from the day one we are having following problems:-
1) Wireless clients are able to connect to nearest AP but keeps disconnection every few minutes.
2) Wireless clients connected but in network status only sending is reflected, no receiving of data.
3) The speed keeps changing or dropping from 54mbps to even 9 mbps.
4) Wireless clients are connected but internet browsing stops.
5) Because of more than 120 AP placed in the square building block, Channels keeps clashing, hence disconnecting clients frequently.
6) Wireless Client Instead of connecting to nearest AP, most the times it gets connected to other floor AP and after some time disconnect and get connected to nearest AP.
This is a massive and expensive network, which appears to require a full signal and configuration audit. It's quite possible that many of your problems are stemming from the APs you have already deployed being situated in suboptimal and conflicting locations, which is an issue with three-dimensional wireless networks.
I really don't see your problems being debugged by anyone short of an experienced on-site wireless network technician. I'm saying this as a person who tuns a one-man company serving two rural communities with wireless internet service.
Posted on May 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2014 | EnGenius Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2013 | EnGenius EAP-3660 802.11b/g Wireless...
May 20, 2011 | EnGenius EAP-3660 802.11b/g Wireless...
May 08, 2011 | EnGenius EAP-3660 802.11b/g Wireless...
Feb 28, 2010 | EnGenius EAP-3660 802.11b/g Wireless...
Mar 14, 2017 | EnGenius EAP-3660 802.11b/g Wireless...
672 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: