a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Nero 6 and 7 does not provides us the facilitiy of burning the DVD in appropriate DVD Format. Instead it burns the DVD in the normal DATA Format, which is not supportable by our DVD Player. To play the DVD in our DVD Player we should burn the DVD in the appropriate DVD Burner which itself converts the extension of the movie and make it proper for a DVD Player to read it. It also adds some files to the DVD which is sometimes used by the dvd player in running the DVD.
we may need more details but you can try this for now
1. are you sure you have a cd writer or a dvd writer (writer = burner)--- check the front edge of your cd/dvd unit and look for words like "writer" "burner" or writeable next to the word dvd or compact disc... keep in mind not all cd/dvd writer can write (burn) cd or dvds, some may burn cd but not dvds.
2. is your cd/dvd unit compatible with the media (cd or dvd blank disk) you are trying to use.. depending your cd/dvd especifications your dvd/cd drive is compatible with certain types of cd or dvds that are writeable.
3. is the cd/dvd a writeable cd/dvd and is compatible with your cd/dvd drive? for instance.. if you are using a blank dvd and your cd/dvd drive only burn cd/s and read dvd and cd you won't be able to write to the blank dvd.
4. are you trying to burn a dvd in a corporate computer.?? as a user (not an administrator) of your corporate computer you may not have priviledges that will allow them to burn dvd/cd's even you your drive and your media are compatible.
the error that you get
the brand and model of the computer you're using
the type of media you're using
1. see to it that you have set your burning software to write to the disk.
2. try to use it on a cd, if it finishes the job, something is wron with your dvd drive.
3. make sure that the drive you have is really a dvddrive and not a cd drive.
4. upgrade youe burning software.