Question about Televison & Video
I need the universal remote code for a symphonic tv model WF2703
SOURCE: tv codes
Symphonic - 0171
You can find the remote control codes for different brands of devices from
If none of the codes work then we have two other solutions:
1. Searching For Your Code
If you have tried all of the set-up codes for your brand of equipment ,or your brand is not listed, and you are still not able to get the unit to respond, try the following procedure to search for your code.
If you don't find a code that works, the remote will flash four times when you reach the end of all the codes for this device type.
Make sure that the remote is pointed at your device during the search, You may have to press this sequences of buttons up to 100 times to search the entire library of codes.
2. Learn the buttons from the original
Line up your original remote and the head-to-head before completing the following steps.
Now you can repeat steps 3 through 5 to learn other functions onto other keys or press and hold SETUP until the Cinema's red light flashes twice to lock in your new feature. (If the red light does not blink twice, stop and repeat steps through 6).
To test the new feature, press and release the device key in which the new feature was learned followed by the key on which the feature was learned
More help for programming your remote can be found here:
Hope that helps!
If your issue is not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as best I can. I am here at your service.
P.S. -You can rate this solution with one of four votes, if you feel your issue is resolved (remember that at times a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary to resolve an issue).
Posted on May 08, 2008
One more 'lost code list' person. I have a philips SRU 2040/17 universal remote and a sanyo tv. 'code seach' doesnt work, i need the actual 3 or 4 digit code. HELP! my kid wants to watch cartoons and i cant turn the tv from video back to cable.
Posted on May 30, 2008
This is the user's manual for a Phillips remote control. There is a list of codes in it. They should be rather universal. There's also instructions as to how to program it. I believe that there is a way to program it without using the codes.
Programming with Code Search
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
2. Press and hold Code Search button until the red indicator stays on. Release the Code Search button.
3. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blink, then stays lit.
4. Press the Channel Up button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the device could be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks, then stays lit. If you accidentally overshoot the code required, press the Channel Down button to backtrack through the library until the device changes channel. Pressing Channel Up changes direction to forward again. Press and release the Mute button to install the code.
Hope this helps :)
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2013 | Televison & Video
Oct 09, 2011 | Televison & Video
Mar 13, 2011 | Televison & Video
Sep 07, 2009 | Televison & Video
Dec 10, 2008 | Universal Remote Control Remote Control
Oct 21, 2008 | Universal Remote Control NspireGear MP3...
Aug 01, 2008 | Televison & Video
Mar 28, 2017 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Mar 28, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!