Looking for source to replace broken cassette drive belts
Need source for drive belt set (all 3 = drive, load positioning, counter) for Kenwood KX-64W stereo cassette deck. Don't know the part numbers. Have only been able to find available counter belt from on-line vendors (D16-0096-04). Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The belts you have replaced are used to operate the loading/unloading mechanism I assume. On the bottom of the cassette mechanism you will find the other belts...one from motor to idler wheel assy. or actual reel hub. Older cassette decks also used a belt to drive the tape counter mechanism.
Not sure what country you're in but heres a link for USA/Canada. Just Click on Belts and there are 3 belts options, 1 is for the counter and the other 2 are the main drive belts but for different variations of this model.
I do alot of repair work on older cassette decks & vcrs,Go to this link... www.studiosoundelectronics.com/cassette.htm#BELT & they will have what your looking for.When you measure the belt per site instructions,make sure you allow for belt stretch(order shorter then what you have) Good luck..
It will be one of the drive belts , its better to get a repair shop to replace both belts , i have tried replacing belts myself and they are fiddly and time consuming , if you keep playing it the way it is you will damage the motors that turn the belts
If you can her the motor turning, there is a good chance that the belt(s) have broken and need to be replaced. If you hear nothing, then there could be a control issue. I'm leaning toward the belts though. Figure on $5-$15 for the belts,
I have the same unit which had the same problem. It has to do with dirty contacts on each tape mechanism.
Remove the main cover and look down on each tape mechanism. You will see 4 contacts on each unit. These come in contact with the tape. Remove each unit by removing 4 holding screws.
You will now be able to spray some contact cleaner into the front of the plastic contact cover. I removed the covers on both of the second from the right contacts so that I could clean them with an abrasive. These are the main ones.
Put everything back the way it was and the tape deck should work great.