Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Every time i try and carry out a software update it keeps saying an error has occured 80710723
You can try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
I wish you good luck
Posted on May 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2015 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 04, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Generally what happens is that progress will stall whilst you are trying to update the firmware or software/games on your PS3, causing it to be corrupted. Your console is then unable to function properly, and you are left trying to "pick up the pieces" as it were. The PS3 error 80710723 is one of these system update errors, and is often experienced by gamers who use wireless connections to update their firmware or games.
So how can you fix PS3 system update error? Here are a few steps you can take to try and fix the 80710723 error code yourself.
Jan 04, 2011 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless-N Wireless...
Apr 23, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 12, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 03, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 12, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
403 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!