My dremel works intermitently. As I move the switch from one speed to another it will momentarlly run. Whats the problem? THANKS
You described intermitten pwer supply, follow this procedure:
1. check your power cord for breaks or kinks, especially where it join the piece or plug
2. if cord is ok, check/replace brushes.
To check/replace brushes on dremel 395 follow this procedure:
1. switch off unit, remove power cord.
2. with flat screwdriver remove gently brush covers, WATCH FOR LITTLE SPRINGS!!!
3. check brushes for wear, springs if connect correctly, if brushes are thinner than 3.2mm (1/8") replace with new ones, this check should be carried regardless after about 50hrs of use, brushes last about 50 to 60hrs in normal use.
In unlikely case that it is switch, this is as well very easy replaceable.
1. switch off unit
2. remove cable from power source
3. remove brushes following previous procedure
4. remove collar from front of the piece
5. remove side screws and gently pry apart halves, label side up
6. replace switch
7. screw pieces back in reverse order
8. replace back brushes.
All parts are easy available, when purchase brushes or switch, be aware that they fit only particular model!
I would recommend clean table with butcher paper on top, torx/hex screwdriver, philips screwdriver, flat screwdriver - these vary from country to country, I cannot provide what exactly tools you will need, you need to check what screws are holding your piece together, little long nose pliers can be helpful as well.
As you pull handpiece apart put your parts in order in whihc you pulled them apart, when you put them back, it will be easy to put them back in reverse order in which them come apart. For changing brushes you need about 5min (assign 15min), for changing switch or faulty power cord you need about 1h (assign 3hrs), assigned time is theoretical, prctically multiply it by 3...
If you have anymore questions, or require more detailed instructions, do not hesitate to follow this thread and leave note.
Leave note how it go, thanx!
Aug 13, 2010 |
Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...