I have 2 Rio Forge units. One I just purchased less than a month ago was a refurbished unit. Both units have demonstrated the same problem.
When you go to turn it on, it appears to start up normally but then the screen goes dark. Once it goes dark you cannot turn it back on again. The battery is good in both cases. That's it. Do you have any idea what is causing this? I really like this unit as I use the built-in FM tuner quite often.
I would appreciate any help you can offer about this.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same problem, I tried everything I thought, I did see a tip from someone else about the contacts of the batteries. I thought to myself it has to be good. wrong, I used a razor charger and found that the system didn't like the battery. Even the good batteries didn't register on the unit flashing battery sign. Cleaned the positive side with a sharp object wa-la.
When this happens to me (it does every few months), I re-flash the software following the instructions that come with it. Then the annoying "upgrader" message goes away for another few month. I use version 1.33 in my 512 forge.
This happened to my player also. To fix it, you have to go to the rio website and download the most recent firmware for whatever model mp3 player you have. I went to: http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/rio/product.asp?model=265&SKU=90260558) Next install.
Plug in your player to your USB to your computer - BUT (and here's the important part) you need to hold down the menu key while plugging it in. Keep holding until it powers up AND the word "UPGRADER" shows on the screen.
Now, run the firmware upgrade program and follow the directions and it will see your player and upgrade the firmware (yes, even if it's the same firmware version.) You'll have to run the .exe file to get the upgrades onto your player. Unplug the player and it should be like new!
1. go to http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/r....asp?prodID=213 and download update 1.33
2. install update in C:\RioForge\Flash133
3. run RioForgeFlash_133.exe from C:\RioForge\Flash133
4. press Rio Forge menu button and turn the unit on. "upgrader" will appear on screen.
5. plug USB cable to RioForge.
6. click "next" on Rio Upgrade Wizard. Wizard will detect your player. Select and click "next". Upgrade will take place.
7. Unplug Rio Forge from USB and turn it on.