Question about HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
I have a hp dv9000 w built in camara. want to know how to use it and or if i need to have a program installed to operate the web cam
First of all Click Here to install the latest version or drivers in your computer for your DV9000.
if that dosen't help try this.
Click Here to download the file.
1. Downloaded the file.
2. Unzipped it to a folder on my desktop.
3. Ran the "Setup.exe" file in the folder that got unzipped.
4. Went through the installer until it got to the end and then let it restart my computer.
5. Waited for my computer to restart.
6. It popped up something saying it was installing the drivers for my webcam. Waited until it was done.
7. Opened the Control Panel.
8. Opened the Device Manager.
9. Find my webcam under "Imaging Devices". I noticed it was listed as "HP Pavilion Webcam" despite having just installed the Acer drivers.
10. Right-clicked on my webcam and chose "Update Driver Software..."
11. Chose "Browse my computer for driver software"
12. Chose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
13. Unchecked the "Show compatible hardware" checkbox.
14. Scrolled down to the Chicony manufacturer.
15. Chose the "Acer Crystal Eye webcam.
16. Told it to install anyway when it asked me a question about installing that driver.
17. Waited for the driver to be installed.
18. Noted that my webcam was now listed as an Acer Crystal Eye webcam in Device Manager.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Posted on May 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000t Notebook
Jun 04, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000t 17" Notebook Laptop PC
Mar 14, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Jan 08, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Dec 02, 2008 | Panasonic SDR-H18 USB Hard Drive
Aug 20, 2008 | Acer Aspire 4520-5582 Notebook
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!