Bought a pre owned wii and im trying to hook it to the internet but it says error 52020
What to do will depend on how you are connecting your Wii console. Please use the info below that describes how you are connecting.
Connecting directly to a modem:
1. Power off the Wii. Connect the official Nintendo Wii LAN adapter to the Wii, and insert a working ethernet cable into the official Nintendo Wii LAN Adapter.
2. Unplug all devices from your modem. Most modems are unable to support more than one device at a time.
3. Power cycle your modem. To do this, unplug the power from your modem and let it rest for 20 seconds. Plug the power back in. Connect the Ethernet cable from your Wii console to the Ethernet port on your modem.
4. If the connection test fails, try a Manual Setup with the Wii console, using your network's IP address, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, and DNS information. To access these settings:
1. On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
2. Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
3. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings, including the settings listed above. Input these exactly as they're listed into the "Manual Setup" of the Wii console's internet connection.
5. If you are still unable to connect and you are using broadband Internet, then your ISP likely uses PPPoE to establish a connection to their network. The Wii is not compatible with PPPoE.
Mar 15, 2011 |
Nintendo Wii Console