An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Blue tooth phonebook
The unit does not save the phone book, it loads it each time your bluetooth phone is in contact with it. To verify this, turn off the bluetooth phone, then try to access the phone book in the GPS unit. It should not come up.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, I would go to the Garmin website and update the bluetooth software. Garmin just released v3.4 a few days ago (November of 2008). Use their webupdater to upgrade the BT firmware.
When you update the firmware, it will erase your phone paring data and you will have to re-pair the phone with your Nuvi.
Now, if that doesn't fix your microphone issue, you have either one of the following two problems:
1. The microphone is a condenser microphone. It's about a 1/4" in diameter and sits behind the front slot located in the lower left hand corner. The microphone has two wires (red & black) that run from the microphone to the main board. At the end of the wires is a 2 position plug that plugs into the main board. This plug can come loose as there is no lock mechanism on it.
2. The microphone is defective.
Please do not try to take apart your Nuvi unless you have the right tools. I have received many emails from people who have further damaged their Nuvi, trying to get it open.
Please let me know if you need further help with this problem.
I had the same problem, and this is how I fixed it. Now it's working fine.
Thank you for contacting Garmin International,
you are currently running the most current version of bluetooth
software, and you are still seeing issues where your compatible phone
is still not connecting properly, please try the below procedure, which
will reinstall the version of bluetooth you have downloaded in case
there was any corruption during the transfer or installation of the
1. Power the unit on
2. Touch View Map
3. Touch the ETA/Speed button in the bottom left hand corner.
4. press and hold your finger over the speedometer for 10-15 seconds until a new screen appears.
5. Touch next at the bottom of the screen until the top blue banner reads Bluetooth Status.
6. Touch UPDT P, then Touch yes.
At this point the unit should go to a page that says Updating Bluetooth
Firmware, allow this to finish, once finished, press quit, then press
and hold the back button. At this point, go back through and try to
connect your Bluetooth device again.
1) Turn on unit 2) Press VIEW MAP 3) Press SPEED in lower left hand side of map 4) This will bring you to the Trip meter screen on this screen press the round speedometer at the top of the screen for about 10 seconds this will bring you to the SYSTEM BIOS. 5) From this point forward be careful you can mess up your unit by changing the wrong thing. 6) Press NEXT until you come to the BLUETOOTH STATUS screen. 7) Now press UPDT P this should complete your update.