Question about Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router (F5D82314)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you do not need the disk.
you can log in to belkin router by typing 192.168.2.1 and press Enter, in your internet explorer (in the address bar ),
click on "wireless" on the left, click submit without entering anything (for the password), and you can click on security. and u can setup the key from there. but best to call them and theywill help you. call them at this number 8777365771
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
I DO HAVE THE CD BUT CAN NOT READ THE PIN ON BACK OF ROUTER I WAS GIVEN THE ADRESS #168..2.1 PLEASE HELP
Posted on Sep 12, 2008
No router needs a setup CD to configure.
Configure DHCP on your MAC interface that connects to the router and check if that interface gets an IP. If you have an IP, then open a web browser (IE, Firefox, etc, forgot the MAC browser name), and enter the IP address you had but replace the last one with 1.
Say you got 192.168.2.3, then enter 192.168.2.1 and hit return.
You will need a pasword to login. If you ever changed router password, it will be either blank (type nothing) or admin.
After login, you can configure anything list on left side of the menu.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Router works independent to the OS used. You do not require installation CD to configure the router. Follow the steps below to reconfigure the router:
At the back of the router you will find a small tiny hole (which says restore to factory default settings). Press the button with the help of a paper clip and hold it down for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, please release the button and power off the router for 5 seconds then power the router back.
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that there is no direct connection between the modem and the computer (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Try the following:
1. Make sure your PC is connected to the router directly and the LAN ports are lighting up
2. Reset the router
3. Reset the network adapter on your PC (or just restart the PC)
This should ensure that you are connecting on the LAN port.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2013 | Belkin Connect N150 Wireless Router...
Sep 11, 2012 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 31, 2011 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Oct 11, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Feb 06, 2010 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Sep 21, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jun 18, 2009 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Feb 14, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
May 16, 2017 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!