Question about Samsung Propel SGH-a767 Cell Phone
Samsung Propel SGH-a767 Cell Phone. Please help! how do I reset the phone to clear password i forgot? I need my contact list. Thanks!
If you forgot your phone code, there is no way to get to your contact list....well, there is no risk free way to get to it. There is a utility (Samsung Code Reader) that you can use which will pull your code from the phone when it is attached by USB to a computer. But beware, as these applets are on sharing websites, so there is no tell if any of them are tainted with viruses.
Otherwise, if you are willing to forego your contact list, then you can hard reset your phone by following these steps:
A couple of things to mention:
1. This fix is NOT for unlocking the network (to use on other carriers), but rather this is for a 4-8 digit phone privacy lock that you may have forgotten what you set it to
2. If you run this fix, it will wipe out all data on the phone, effectively starting from scratch
3. You must remove the SIM card before initiating this or it will be wiped, also, leaving you with need to go buy a new one
4. You need to call Samsung to get the reset code: 800.987.4357 Tell them that you want to hard reset (wipe) your phone and you need the code. (They'll probably stay on the line with you and help you complete the task)
To hard reset the phone
1. Turn off the phone
2. Remove the back cover (battery compartment)
3. Remove the sim card
4. Turn on the phone
5. When it boots up and gets to the error message about the sim, enter the code provided by Samsung and press Return
6. Let the phone restore to original factory image and reboot
7. Turn phone off and install sim card
8. Replace back phone cover
9. Turn on the phone
10. You're ready to roll
Posted on Jun 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2012 | Samsung Propel SGH-a767 Cell Phone
Jan 28, 2011 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone
Dec 31, 2010 | Motorola Mobility SLVR L7 Cellular Phone
Jun 17, 2010 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone
Apr 09, 2010 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone
Mar 17, 2010 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone
Oct 21, 2009 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone
Apr 19, 2009 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone
3,179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: