Question about Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have uploaded the lexmark on my new computer, the printer and scanner work, but for some reason after the fax set up was working just find, via the other day it is to large to read, like its been magnified, what happened? I have tried reset the computer for an earlyer time when the problem didn't apear, but this dones not help.
could you please help.
Jennifer Duggins, Broker
Transitions Realty Inc.
SOURCE: lexmark x5150 scanner locked
Unlock Scanner message
The scanner is locked. to unlock it
1. Press Power to turn the All-in-one off.
2. lift the scanner unit until the scanner support holds it. To the left and beside the scanner support is the scanner lock
3.pull the scanner lock toward you to unlock the scanner.
4. close the scanner lid.
5. power on.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
I bought a Lexmark X1290 printer and installed a wrong driver (for WinXP) from the enclosed CD. Then I could not run the All in One program. After many reinstallation attemps, I finally found a solution (which is unfortunately quite hidden at the Lexmark website):
1) Unplug the printer's USB cable from the computer.
2) Download the cleaning utility from ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_drivers/Cleanup/.
3) Double-click on the cleanup utility and follow the on-screen instructions to run it.
4) Restart the computer.
5) Download all files from ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_drivers/Cleanup/reg/
6) Follow the instructions in the "Vista BackDoor Instructions.txt" and delete all remaining Lexmark
keys in the registry.
7) Restart the computer
8) Download a proper driver for Windows Vista from the Lexmark website.
9) Install the driver accordingly to the instructions (it's important to plug the printer's USB cable when you are ask to, not before)
The problem with Lexmark Unistall and CleanUp Utility is that you cannot delete all Lexmark registry keys while you arelogged in the system. This is anellegant way how to circumvent the problem.
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
If you just connected the printer to your Vista PC, the drivers probably didn't load.
If you haven't yet, you need to install the Lexmark drivers first before you can use your printer. Unplug the printer before installing, then plug it in when prompted by the software.
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
Microsoft Paint ----> 'File' -----> 'From scanner or camera' (while the Lexmark is in scan mode). Just tried it and it really works.
Posted on Jul 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2012 | Lexmark S815 Genesis AllInOne InkJet...
Aug 10, 2011 | Lexmark X6570 InkJet Printer
You can download the Lexmark printer drivers from their
support WEB site. Please click on this link and select your model printer to
Sep 27, 2010 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
Apr 16, 2010 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 14, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 25, 2008 | Lexmark X75 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 14, 2008 | Lexmark X4270 All-in-One Multifunction...
Jan 03, 2008 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 10, 2007 | Lexmark P4350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!