Question about Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
I have purchased a new keurig platinum machine. The first cup that is brewed always has coffee grounds in it and it is not filled to the top despite making sure to select the right size mug. The second cup of coffee is usually brewed perfectly. Any ideas?
Since you said usually... I suspect the rubber seal that surrounds the top needle is not seating well...
you can verify this by making a beverage with a k-cup and, just before the water starts, add a little hand pressure to the K-cup arm pushing down a little bit... not hard...
If it consistently makes a good beverage, then we focus our attention to that piece of the brewer...
when the consistency of the water changes, it tells me to look for leaks or unusual percolation of water...
you can verify the K-cup holder is ok... but another way to simulate the hand pressure is to put a shim of some sorts under the lip of the k-cup... like the thickness of a couple sheets of paper under the rim... not the actual k-cup... but the k-cup holder... raising it up a smidge is the same as the slight hand pressure...
I would look to see if the rubber seal has come loose around the top needle....
Posted on May 06, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2012 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Oct 22, 2011 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Aug 03, 2011 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
May 24, 2011 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Apr 24, 2011 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Here is a tip that I wrote that will give you some things to try that will help you get your Keurig coffee brewer working again.
Keurig Coffee Brewer not making a full cup of Coffee
Jan 27, 2011 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Dec 15, 2010 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
1. Power off machine.
2. Using a metal paperclip, insert it into left side of top needle. It must insert at least 1" deep. Insert it into slot on right side and again from back of needle.
3. Remove KCup cradle. Separate bottom from top. In the top section, insert the paperclip up into bottom needle from the bottom upwards. It will not go all the way thru and this is normal.
4. Reassemble KCup cradle and reinsert it back into coffee maker.
5. Power on machine.
6. Brew a cup of water only. There may be coffee grounds in the water and these should eventually clear during the remaining steps. NOTE: A large cup brew cycle should output a full 8 ounces (235cc). Less means there is still a blockage
7. Empty reservoir and fill with undiluted distilled white vinegar. Repeatedly run brewing cycle until Add Water light comes on.
8. Make sure Auto-OFF is NOT set and let last cycle of vinegar remain inside machine for 4 hours.
9. Refill reservoir with fresh water and repeatedly run brewing cycle until the water is clear and odorless.
10. Set Auto-OFF, if preferred.
Mar 18, 2010 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Nov 10, 2009 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!