Run the cleanup tool to clean out temporary files, run the .NET
Framework cleanup tool, Run the installation file, then reboot and try to install it again and see if it works. If not try the below following steps....
1. Go to Add or Remove Programs, try to remove all .NET Framework.
2. Please download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup utility
from this link:http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
3. Then, please run it from Start-> All Programs-> Windows Install
4. Please remove all Microsoft .NET Framework shown there and click
1. Click Start->Run, type INSTALLER and click OK.
2. In the open folder, click View menu and select Details.
3. Right-click the Date Modified column header.
4. Click Comments
5. In the Comments column, locate the cached Windows Installer file
that displays Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (English) RTL x86 enu.
6. Right-click the cached Windows Installer file and then click
7. Close the window.
8. Delete the cached Windows Installer file.
1. Restart your computer.
2. While your computer is booting up, press F8 to invoke the startup
3. In the startup menu, choose Safe Mode.
4. Log on as an administrator.
Note: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and
perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary.
5. Delete the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
6. Delete the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\URTTemp
7. In the C:\Windows\System32 folder, locate the file mscoree.dll.
Right click and rename it to mscoree.old
1. Click Start->Run, type REGEDIT and click OK.
2. Navigate to the following registry key by expanding the "+" beside
the registry tree in the left pane:
3. Delete this key in the left pane.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 to delete the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup
5. Restart your computer to Normal Mode
1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
Redistributable Package from the following link and save it to C:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
2. Click Start->Run, type "c:\dotnetfx.exe /C" (without quotation marks
and there is a space in this command) in the open box and click OK.
3. Click Run, and type "C:\.NET Framework 1.1" (without quotation
marks) in the open box click OK
Note: If you are prompted to create this folder, please click Yes to
4. Locate the folder C:\.NET Framework 1.1 and double click the file
netfx.msi in it to install .NET Framework components.
If .NET Framework 1.1 can be successfully installed, we can go on to
install .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
If the above two can be installed correctly, please download KB886903
from the following link and install again:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
If the problem still exists, please describe the error message when
installing Microsoft .Net Framework Service Pack in further detail