Question about Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
I am using above mentioned model the problem i am facing is in audio... it show there is not driver installed, though i have the driver cd with me it is not supporting for win.xp.pro. where can i get the drivers for the same.
I have successfully installed all the XP drivers on the Compaq Presario c700 and successfully removed the bloated pig P.O.S. known as Vista.
You must download the following from Compaq's site:
sp34510 - Wireless assistant
sp33411 - Nvidia Chipset
sp33258 - Quick launch
sp35444 - Touchpad
sp36684 - Wireless LAN
sp35682 - Win Audio Bus + updates
sp33549 - Nvidia Video (Go 6150)
sp35270 - Conexant HD Audio
sp34427 - Conexant Modem
These are found all over the HP/Compaq web sites. You'll need to search for the number "sp35410", etc. Some of these are available under the driver pages for the F557US. You'll need to look under both the XP AND Vista sections!!!!
Now, the tricky part!! Listen CAREFULLY!!!! You must:
1. Install all of these drivers one by one, making sure NOT to run the sp33549 (Nvidia VIDEO), sp35270 - Conexant HD Audio, and sp34427 - Conexant Modem drivers!!!! Important! Then, reboot.
2. Run the sp33549 Nvidia Video driver file. It will FAIL! Once it has run, it will create a folder with this path: C:/swsetup/sp33549. Open the control panel, then system, then hardware, then open the device manager. Find the video controller with the yellow exclamation point. Right click, and select properties. Click the 'driver' tab at the top, and then select "update driver". Select 'not this time', then 'Install from a specific location', then select 'don't search', and then finally, select 'have disk'. Select the folder above, and that will manually install the video driver.
3. Do the exact same procedure for the sp35270 Conexant audio card, which will be in the device manager under 'PCI device'. Of course, make sure to use the C:/swsetup/35270 folder this time.
4. You can just double click the modem driver sp34427 to install it, but this must be done AFTER you manually install the Conexant audio!!!!
5. Since it took me three hours to figure all this out, you then send me an e-mail to thank me!
Vista sucks. Be happy you now have XP on this new laptop!!!!!!!
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
Search for the drivers via Windows Update. It will find the right soundmax driver for your sound card. I had this exact problem yesterday on the same laptop.
Posted on Mar 26, 2008
First u have uninstall audio drivers from device manager......also uninstall UAA bus driver for high defination hd driver form system device in device manager......restart your laptop
and always turn off your automatic updates..in this laptop.
go to the hp.com then search box type this (sp35270) for audio, (sp33442) for modem, (sp32395) for UAA. then run all setup files......
Open device manager and right-click on Audio device on High definition Audio Bus.
Select Install from a list of specific location (Advanced) Click Next
Select Don’t Search. I will choose the driver to install.
Select Sound, Game & video controller from the list of Hardware type
Click on Have Disk
Click on Browse and navigate to C:\swsetup\sp35270 and click on .ini file OK
It will give you an update driver warning message. Click on yes.
It will start installing the driver
Click on Finish..
follow these steps to all drivers install.
The best earn money site..plz signup free
(Join now and receive a $0.05 Sign-up Bonus)........click on it........
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
I'm using Compaq Presario C700....but I don't have driver for its audio....although I have cd with me,it doesn't support my windows....
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
Go on zyxware.com
and in search box type driver for c700
the download all driver from this site
to install sound driver
go in device manager
right click on audio device on high definition
choose from a specific location
click on have disk
click on conxeant diver
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
First install microsoft universal audio driver from the link below and after that install audio driver
link 1 :microsoft universal audio
link 2 :conexant high definition audio
If this answers your question please rate this as fixed.
Thanks for using fixya support..You have a wonderful day
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2012 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Sep 04, 2011 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jul 11, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C700T Notebook
May 12, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Apr 19, 2009 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Nov 14, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Oct 26, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Sep 04, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jul 14, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
May 25, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
5,024 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: