Question about Computers & Internet
To Backup Outlook Messages to a .pst File
1. On the “File” pull-down menu, click “Import and Export”.
2. Click ”Export to a file”, and then click ”Next”.
3. In the list, click "Personal Folder File (.pst)", and then click ”Next”.
4. Click the folder that contains the messages you want to back up. If the folder contains a subfolder that you want to include, select the "Include Subfolders" check box, and then click ”Next”.
5. Under "Save exported file as", click ”Browse”, and then specify a name and location for your backup file.
6. When ask, click one of the following:
- Replace duplicates with items exported. Existing data will be overwritten with the information in the file being exported.
- Allow duplicate items to be created. Existing data will not be overwritten, and duplicate information will be added to the backup file. (Recommended)
- Do not export duplicate items. Existing data will be kept, and the duplicate information in the folder will not be copied to the backup file.
7. Click ”Finish”.
You can restore your emails from the backup (.pst file)
1. On the File pull-down menu, point to Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
2. Click the .pst file you want to open, and then click OK.
The name of the folder associated with the data file appears in the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go pull-down menu, click Folder List. By default, the folder will be called Personal Folders.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on May 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2015 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Jul 22, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Feb 12, 2015 | Microsoft Outlook 2003 for PC
Nov 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 14, 2009 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Nov 05, 2009 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Nov 03, 2009 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Mar 25, 2009 | Microsoft Outlook 2003 for PC
Dec 26, 2008 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Aug 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!