Question about Microwave Ovens
Transformer heating up heavely and huming sound is comingin cood checked all parts looks ok normal heatingbut i feel if i run for 10 minutes tranformer will burn out
This could be caused by one of the following.
You may have a diode that is breaking down causing a higher than normal draw on the transformer. You can test the diode with a good ohmmeter, you should get close to 0 resistance one direction and very high resistance the other.
Either the secondary winding or the filament winding on the transformer is partially shorted. If this is the case it will burn out fairly soon. To check use the ohmmeter again to get a good reading on the secondary and filament windings, compare these to the technical data on the unit.
Posted on May 04, 2010
Testimonial: "diode testing was not properly defined because you know it is a series diode CL04-12 transfomer checking idea was excellent"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2014 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Mar 27, 2011 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Jan 26, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 07, 2010 | Maytag MMV5207AAS Microwave Oven
Jul 14, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1740 Microwave Oven
May 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 30, 2008 | LG LRM1250 Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2007 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!